The importance of the law in relation to medical practice is well recognised, particularly in respect of such matters as negligence and consent to treatment. However, there are often situations in the care of older people where special considerations may apply. In these cases confusion rather than clarity about legal matters is the norm.
KeywordsDementia Income Poss Nised
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Age Concern (1986) The law and vulnerable elderly people. Age Concern, Mitcham, SurreyGoogle Scholar
- Bluglass RS (1984) A guide to the Mental Health Act 1983. Churchill Livingstone, EdinburghGoogle Scholar
- Gostin L (1983) The Court of Protection. MIND, LondonGoogle Scholar
- Grimes R (1987) Law and the elderly. Croom Helm, Beckenham, KentGoogle Scholar
- Levine ML (1986) Rights for the elderly in national law around the world. International Centre for Social Gerontology, ParisGoogle Scholar