A Generalised Approach to Clinical Audit, Patient Management and Research
The Faculty of Medicine Computing Unit (FMCU) in Dundee has evolved within a hospital and medical school environment over the last ten years, growing out of a team of computer professionals built up around the automation of diagnostic laboratory data management. In recent years the team has been augmented by the complementary infusion of clinicians who have trained in computing skills within the Unit under the sponsorship of the Scottish Home and Health Department.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Carter NW (1971) Development of a computer system, based on a modular one, for pathology laboratories. IEE Conf Pubi 79: 74–78Google Scholar
- 2.Carter NW, Griffith PD, White CJ, Chow MC, Lucas DF (1974) Design and implementation of a real time computer system for diagnostic medical laboratories. Medinfo 74: 975–978Google Scholar
- 4.UCSD p-system. Internal architecture (1981) Softec Microsystems Inc., San Diego, CaliforniaGoogle Scholar
- Netware product overview (1985) Novell Inc.Google Scholar
- Walker MA, Bryce D, Carter NW (1986) A flexible clinical database. Br J Health Care Comput 3: 15–17Google Scholar