ARIES/NT Modification for Advanced Transactions Support
A modification of ARIES/NT algorithm for nested transactions rollback and recovery is proposed. This modification allows to perform the forward recovery for advanced transaction models, such as ConTracts and some subclasses of Sagas. The implementation of the proposed algorithm at the storage system level is described.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- P. Chrysanthis and K. Ramamritham. ACTA: A framework for specifying and reasoning about transaction structure and behavior. In Proceedings of ACM SIGMOD Conference, 1990.Google Scholar
- H. Dombrowska. The low-level support and logging for flexible transactions. In Proc. of the Intnl. Workshop on Advances in Databases and Information Systems — ADBIS’94, pages 49–53, Moscow, May 23–26 1994.Google Scholar
- H. Garcia-Molina and K. Salem. SAGAS. In Proceedings of ACM SIGMOD Conference, pages 249–259, San Francisco, California, May 1987.Google Scholar
- J. Gray. The Transaction Concept: Virtues and Limitations. In Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Very Large Data Bases, pages 144–154, Cannes, France, September 1981.Google Scholar
- L. Kalinichenko. The interoperable environment of heterogeneous information resources: a generalization perspective. In Proc. of the First International Workshop on the Interoperability in Multidatabase systems, pages 196–199, Kyoto, April 1991.Google Scholar
- F. Manola and A. Buchmann. Functional/relational object-oriented model for distributed object management. Technical Report TM-0331-11-90-165, GTE Laboratories Inc., December 1990.Google Scholar
- J. Moss. Nested Transactions: An Approach to Reliable Distributed Computing. PhD thesis, MIT Press, Cambridge, MA, 1985.Google Scholar
- B. Novikov. The storage system support for complex objects. USiM, (7):46–52, July 1991.Google Scholar
- A. Reuter. Contracts: A Means for Extending Control Beyond Transaction Boundaries. In Presentation at Third International Workshop on High Performance Systems, September 1989.Google Scholar
- K. Rothermel and C. Mohan. ARIES/NT: A recovery method based on write-ahead logging for nested transactions. In Proc. 15 conf. VLDB, pages 337–346, 1989.Google Scholar
- M. Rusinkiewicz and A. Sheth. Polytransactions for managing interdependent data. IEEE Data Engineering Bulletin, 14(1), March 1991.Google Scholar
- E. Soisalon-Soininen and T. Ylonen. Partial strictness in two-phase locking. In Proc. of the 5th Intnl. Conf on Database Theory — ICDT’95, pages 139–147, Prague, January 11–13 1995.Google Scholar