The objective of this chapter is to give an overview of structural topology optimization. The mathematical description of a general optimization problem is explained. The types of structural optimization are briefly reviewed and some aspects of the structural topology optimization are introduced, Finally, the layout of the book is outlined.
KeywordsRubber Resis Dine
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Frangopol D.M. and Cheng F.Y., Advances in structural optimization, Tech. rep. (1996)Google Scholar
- 3]Chibani L., Optimum design of structures, in Lecture notes in engineering, edited by Brebbia C.A. and Orszag S.A., vol. 50. Springer-Verlag, Berlin (1989)Google Scholar
- 4]Grierson D.E., Conceptual design using emerging Computing techniques, Tech, rep., NATO Advanced Research Workshop, Nafplio, Greece (1994)Google Scholar
- 6]Firby P.A. and Gardiner C.F., Surface topology, 2nd edn. Ellis Horwood, Chichester (1991)Google Scholar
- 11]Kohn R.V. and Strang G., Optimal design and relaxation of variational Problems, Comm. Pure Appl Math., 39, 113–137 (Part I), 139–182 (Part II), 353–377 (Part III) (1986)Google Scholar
- 12]Sanchez-Palencia E., Non-homogenous media and Vibration theory, Lecture Notes in Physics, 127 (1980)Google Scholar