Exploiting a Human Arm Model for Fast, Intuitive and Time-Delays-Robust Telemanipulation
Although master-slave systems have been investigated since the 1940s, in addition to the traditional application fields (e.g. space, underwater, hazardous industrial ones), new fruitful areas have arisen, including the entertainment and health care industry . However, current telemanipulator designs ,,,,, are often accused of providing an obscure feel of the telemanipulated objects. This in part results from the poor modelling of the operator arm and the brain decision tactics, which due to their complexity and the ambiguity of early models, are either neglected or overly simplified.
KeywordsMechanical Part Neural Input Remote Environment Bilateral Constraint Small Gain Theorem
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Yokokohji Y, Yoshikawa T 1994 Bilateral Control of Master-Slave Manipulators for Ideal Kinesthetic Coupling-Formulation and Experiment. IEEE Tr Rob&Aut 10(5):605–619Google Scholar
- Lee S, Lee H S 1993 Modeling, Design and Evaluation of Advanced Teleoperator Control Systems with Short Time Delay IEEE Tr Rob&Aut 9(5): 607–623Google Scholar
- Prokopiou P A 1998 Human arm models and time delays in teleoperation Internal report, tHRIL, Dept. of Cybernetics, University of ReadingGoogle Scholar
- Sheridan T B 1993 Space Teleoperation through time dealy: Review and Prognosis. IEEE Tr Rob&Aut 9(5):592–606Google Scholar
- Prokopiou P A, Harwin W S, Tzafestas S G 1998 Enhancement of A Telemanipulator Design With A Human Arm Model In: Tzafestas S G (ed) 1998 Advances in Intelligent Systems: Concepts and Applications, Kluwer Academic Publishers (in preparation).Google Scholar
- Ramos C F, Stark L W 1990 Postural maintenance during fast forward bending: a model simulation experiment determines a “reduced trajectory”. Exper Brain Research, 82:651–657Google Scholar
- Gossett J H, Clymer B D, Hemami H 1994 Long and Short Delay Feedback on One- Link Nonlinear Forearm with Coactivation, IEEE Tr SMC 24(9): 1317–1327Google Scholar
- Prochazka A, Gillard D, Bennett D J 1997 Positive Force Feedback Control of Muscles, J. Neurophysiology 77(6): 3226–3236Google Scholar
- Prokopiou P A, Harwin W S, Tzafestas S G 1998 Fast, Intuitive And Time-Delays- Robust Telemanipulator Designs Using A Human Arm Model In: Proceedings Symposium Intelligent Robotic Systems, Edinburgh, UK 1998Google Scholar