Working Anywhere: Co-design Through Participation
This paper outlines a participatory research project in which multidisciplinary teams from SonicRim and ACCO Brands worked to understand people’s experiences of working away from their primary workspaces. The paper will use this project to illustrate the processes of collaboration (between SonicRim, ACCO and end-users), cultivation (of customer intuition) and ideation (through continual empathy with end user experience).
KeywordsParticipatory Approach User Type Office Product Final Workshop Participatory Research Project
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Cain J (1998) Experience-based design: toward a science of artful business innovation. Design management journal 9, 4Google Scholar
- Dandavate U, Welker K (1998) Making meaningful changes in user experience: emerging role for the design community. Electronic Symposium of the Arizona State University. Department of Industrial DesignGoogle Scholar
- Meyers K (1999) The device user constituency: Sherwood Research. The Sherwood ReportGoogle Scholar
- Owen CL (1993) A critical role for design technology. Design management journal 4, 2Google Scholar
- Owen CL (1991) Product integrity by design. Chicago IL: Institute of Design, Illinois Institute of TechnologyGoogle Scholar
- Robinson R (Winter 1994 ) Making sense of making sense: frameworks and organizational perception. Design management journal. 5, 1Google Scholar
- Sanders EB.-N (1999) Postdesign and participatory culture. Paper presented at the Useful and critical: the position of research in design conference. University of Art and Design in HelsinkiGoogle Scholar
- Sanders EB-N, Dandavate U, Stuart S (1996) User empathy in the product development process. Proceedings of IDS A conference on alternate realities (CD-ROM) IDSAGoogle Scholar
- Sanders EB-N, Dandavate U (1999) Design for experiencing: new tools. Design and emotion conference Department of Industrial Design, Delft University of Technology Delft, The NetherlandsGoogle Scholar