Towards Diagram Processing: A Diagrammatic Information System
We advocate the development of an agent capable of processing diagrammatic information directly in all its forms. In the same way that we will require intelligent agents to be conversant with natural language, we will expect them to be fluent with diagrammatic information and its processing. We present a methodology to this end, ’detail a diagrammatic information system that shows the merit of this line of research, and evaluate this system to motivate its future extensions.
KeywordsState Diagram Structure Query Language Diagram Type Diagram Processing Diagrammatic Reasoning
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Allen, J. (1998). AI growing up: The changes and opportunities. AI Magazine 19(4):13–23.Google Scholar
- 2.Anderson, M. and Armen, C. (1998). Diagrammatic reasoning and colour. In Proceedings of the AAAI fall symposium on formalization of reasoning with visual and diagrammatic representations, Orlando, FL, October.Google Scholar
- 3.Anderson, M. and McCartney, R. (1995). Inter-diagrammatic reasoning. In Proceedings of the 14th international joint conference on artificial intelligence, Montreal, Canada, August.Google Scholar
- 4.Anderson, M. and McCartney, R. (1996). Diagrammatic reasoning and cases. In Proceedings of the 13th national conference on artificial intelligence, Portland, OR, August.Google Scholar
- 5.Date, C. (1989). A guide to the SQL standard, (2nd edn.). Reading, MA:Addision-Wesley.Google Scholar
- 7.Furnas, G. (1992). Reasoning with diagrams only. In N. Narayanan (Ed.), Working notes of AAAI spring symposium on reasoning with diagrammatic representations.Google Scholar
- 8.Gelernter, H. (1959). Realization of a geometry theorem proving machine. In Proceedings of an international conference on information processing,UNESCO House, pp. 273–282. (Also in .)Google Scholar
- 10.Narayanan, N. (Ed.) (1992). Working notes of AAAI spring symposium on reasoning with diagrammatic representations. Menlo Park, CA:AAAI Press.Google Scholar
- 11.Serra, J. (1982). Image analysis and mathematical morphology, Vol. 1. New York:Academic Press.Google Scholar
- 12.Serra, J. (1988). Image analysis and mathematical morphology, Vol. 2. New York:Academic Press.Google Scholar