A Benchmark Test Structure for Experimental Dynamic Substructuring
In this paper a benchmark test structure for experimental dynamic substructuring is presented. The benchmark is a simple structure designed to gain insight into difficulties experienced in experimental dynamic substructuring (DS). First a brief introduction of dynamic substructuring is presented, followed by a summary of current bottlenecks in experimental DS. From these difficulties a set of requirements for the benchmark is formulated. Thereafter the design is presented and its numerical model is validated by a measurement on the fabricated benchmark. Finally a DS analysis is performed on the benchmark structure to show it’s ability to quickly verify or falsify a DS analysis.
KeywordsTorque Rubber Assure
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Craig, R. Coupling of Substructures for Dynamic Analyses – An Overview. In Proceedings of AIAA/ASME/ASCE/AHS/ASC Structures, Structural Dynamics, and Materials Conference and Exhibit (April 2000), pp. 1573–1584.Google Scholar
- 3.Crowley, J. R., Klosterman, A. L., Rocklin, G. T., and Vold, H. Direct structural modification using frequency response functions. In 2nd International Modal Analysis Conference, Orlando (1984).Google Scholar
- 4.de Klerk, D. Dynamic Response Characterization of Complex Systems through Operational Identification and Dynamic Substructuring. PhD thesis, Delft University of Technology, Delft, the Netherlands, October 2008.Google Scholar
- 5.de Klerk, D., Rixen, D., and Voormeeren, S. General Framework for Dynamic Substructuring: History, Review and Classification of Techniques. AIAA Journal 46, 5 (May 2008), 1169–1181.Google Scholar
- 6.de Klerk, D., Rixen, D., Voormeeren, S., and Pasteuning, F. Solving the RDoF Problem in Experimental Dynamic Substructuring. In Proceedings of the Twenty Sixth International Modal Analysis Conference, Orlando, FL (Bethel, CT, February 2008), Society for Experimental Mechanics. Paper no. 129.Google Scholar
- 7.de Klerk, D., and Voormeeren, S. Uncertainty Propagation in Experimental Dynamic Substructuring. In Proceedings of the Twenty Sixth International Modal Analysis Conference, Orlando, FL (Bethel, CT, February 2008), Society for Experimental Mechanics. Paper no. 133.Google Scholar
- 10.Liu, W., and Ewins, D. Substructure synthesis via elastic media. Journal of Sound and Vibration 361–379 (2002), 8.Google Scholar
- 12.Muhs, D., and Wittel, H. Roloff/Matek Machine onderdelen. Academic service, 2005. ISBN: 90 395 23215.Google Scholar
- 14.van Beek, A. Machine Lifetime Performance & Reliability. Delft University of Technology, 2004. ISBN: 9037002080.Google Scholar
- 15.van den Boom, I. R. Leidraad verbindingen. TU Delft, 2007.Google Scholar
- 16.Voormeeren, S. Coupling procedure improvement & uncertainty quantification in experimental dynamic substructuring. Master’s thesis, TU Delft, 2007.Google Scholar