Assistance of Evacuation Planning with High-Speed Network Model-based Pedestrian Simulator
As described in this paper, we analyzed the influence of the time necessary to begin coping behaviors on the damage caused by chemical terrorism. To calculate the damage of a chemical attack in a major rail station, our network model-based pedestrian simulator was applied with systems designed to predict hazards of indoor gas diffusion. Our network model is designed to conduct simulations much faster, taking less than few minutes for simulation with ten thousands of evacuators. Results of our analyses were used for the instruction of rail station managers in a tabletop exercise held by the Kitakyushu City Fire and Disaster Management Department.
KeywordsTransportation Chloro Kato Chloropicrin
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
This work was supported as a national project for urban safety commenced from 2007 by the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology of Japan (MEXT).
- 1.Burmeister, B., Haddadi, A., Matylis, G.: Application of Multi-Agent Systems in Traffic and Transportation. Software Engineering, Vol. 144, Issue 1, pp. 51-60 (2002)Google Scholar
- 2.Nara, M., Kato, S., Huang, H., Zhu, S.W.: Numerical analysis of fire on disasters with “EVE SAYFA”, a fire simulator, and its validation ? LES for thermal plume. Summaries of Technical Papers of 2006 Annual Meeting of Architectural Institute of Japan, pp. 317-318 (2006) (In Japanese)Google Scholar
- 3.Ohba, R., Kouchi, A., Hara, T.: Hazard Projection System of Intentional Attack in Urban Area. 11th Annual George Mason University, Conference on “Atmospheric Transport and Dispersion Modeling” (2006)Google Scholar
- 4.Ohba, R., Yamashita, T., Ukai, O., Kato, S.: Development of Hazard Prediction System for Intentional Attacks in Urban Areas. Seventh International Symposium on New Technologies for Urban Safety of Mega Cities in Asia (USMCA2008), pp. 687-696 (2008)Google Scholar
- 5.Pan, X.: Computational Modeling of Human and Social Behaviours for Emergency Egress Analysis. Ph.D. Dissertation, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Stanford University (2008)Google Scholar
- 6.Chloropicrin. Wikipedia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chloropicrin.
- 7.EYE SAYFA: Simulation System for Urban Safety and Environment. http://venus.iis.u-tokyo.ac.jp/english/Research/fielde/evesayfa/index.html
- 8.FACTSHEET: CHLOROPICRIN. Workcover NSW. http://www.workcover.nsw.gov.au/formspublications/publications/Documents/chloropicrin_fact_sheet_1371.pdf