Practice Test #1: Difficulty Level – Easy
KeywordsSingle Photon Emission Compute Tomography Transient Ischemic Dilation Dose Calibrator Nuclear Regulatory Commission Nuclear Medicine Department
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
References and Suggested Readings
- American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care. Circulation. http://circ.ahajournals.org/cgi/content/full/112/24_suppl/IV-47. Accessed 11 Apr 2007.
- Andreoli TE, Bennett JC, et al. Cecil essentials of medicine. 5th ed. Philadelphia, PA: WB Saunders Company; 2001.Google Scholar
- ASNC Information Statement. Recommendations for reducing radiation exposure in myocardial perfusion imaging. http://www.asnc.org/imageuploads/RadiationReduction060110.pdf. Accessed 23 Aug 2010.
- Astellas. http://www.lexiscan.com/about/about.php. Accessed 5 Sept 2010.
- Biodex. Pulmonex II® Xenon System. http://www.biodex.com/radio/lungvent/lung_502feat.htm. Accessed 17 Nov 2010.
- Braunwald L et al. Harrison’s principles of internal medicine. 15th ed. New York, NY: McGraw-Hill; 2001.Google Scholar
- CDC. Guideline for hand hygiene in health-care settings. http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/PDF/rr/rr5116.pdf. Accessed 21 June 2010.
- Christian PE, Bernier DR, Langan JK. Nuclear medicine and PET. Technology and techniques. 5th ed. St. Louis, MO: Mosby; 2004.Google Scholar
- Covidien. Technescan. MAG3 Kit for the preparation of Technetium Tc-99m mertiatide. Package insert. 2010.Google Scholar
- Early PJ, Sodee BD. Principles and practice of nuclear medicine. 2nd ed. St. Louis, MO: Mosby; 1995.Google Scholar
- Eradimaging. Nuclear Medicine Instrumentation and quality control: a review. http://eradimaging.com/site/article.cfm?ID=88&mode=ce. Accessed 28 Oct 2010.
- Family Health Guide. Harvard Medical School. http://www.health.harvard.edu/fhg/updates/BNP-An-important-new-cardiac-test.shtml. Accessed 22 Sept 2010.
- Frohlich ED. Rypin’s basic sciences review. 18th ed. Philadelphia, PA: J.B. Lippincott Company; 2001.Google Scholar
- Halama RJ. Radiation safety, radiopharmacy, instrumentation and physics. 13th Annual nuclear medicine review course. Consultants in nuclear Medicine. 2010;08/30 Sept 2001.Google Scholar
- ICRP. Pregnancy and medical radiation. http://www.icrp.org/downloadDoc.asp?document=docs/ICRP_84. Accessed 14 Aug 2010.
- Karesh P. Consultants in nuclear medicine. http://www.nucmedconsultants.com. Accessed 7 June 2010.
- Kowalczyk N, Donnett K. Integrated patient care for the imaging professionals. St. Louis, MO: Mosby; 1996.Google Scholar
- Kozier B, Erb G. Techniques in clinical nursing. 4th ed. Redwood City, CA: Addison-Wesley; 1993.Google Scholar
- Lin CE, Alavi A. PET and PET/CT. A clinical guide. 2nd ed. New York, NY: Thieme; 2009.Google Scholar
- Lombardi MH. Radiation safety in nuclear medicine. Boca Raton, FL: CRC Press LLC; 1999.Google Scholar
- Mettler FA, Guiberteau MJ. Essentials of nuclear medicine imaging. 5th ed. Philadelphia, PA: Saunders Elsevier; 2006.Google Scholar
- Mosby’s Medical, Nursing & Allied Health Dictionary. 5th ed. St. Louis, MO: Mosby; 1998.Google Scholar
- Mycek MJ, Harvey RA. Lippincott’s illustrated reviews: pharmacology. 3rd ed. Philadelphia, PA: Lippincott; 2008.Google Scholar
- Nuclear Medicine Tutorials. http://www.nucmedtutorials.com/index.html. Accessed 7 June 2010.
- O’Connor MK. Quality control of scintillation cameras (Planar and SPECT). http://www.aapm.org/meetings/99AM/pdf/2741-51264.pdf. Accessed 25 Sept 2010.
- Perry AG, Potter PA. Clinical nursing skills and techniques. 7th ed. St. Louis, MO: Mosby Elsevier; 2006.Google Scholar
- Podrid PJ. ECG tutorial. Official reprint from UpToDate. http://www.uptodate.com. Accessed 5 May 2008.
- Radiologyinfo. http://www.radiologyinfo.org/. Accessed 10 Sept 2010.
- Ross SD. Radioiodine in the treatment of hyperthyroidism. Official reprint from UpToDate. http://www.uptodate.com. Accessed 2 Oct 2008.
- Saha GB. Basics of PET imaging. New York, NY: Springer; 2005.Google Scholar
- Saha GB. Fundamentals of nuclear pharmacy. 5th ed. New York, NY: Springer; 2004.Google Scholar
- Shackett P. Nuclear medicine technology: procedure and quick reference. 2nd ed. Philadelphia, PA: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2008.Google Scholar
- SNM. Procedure guideline for therapy of thyroid disease with iodine-131. J Nucl Med. 2002;43(6):856–61.Google Scholar
- Thompson BT, Hales CA. Overview of acute pulmonary embolism. Official reprint from UpToDate. http://www.uptodate.com. Accessed 15 July 2010.
- U.S. NRC. Glossary. http://www.nrc.gov/reading-rm/basic-ref/glossary/critical-organ.html. Accessed 26 Sept 2010.
- U.S. NRC. Leak testing of sealed sources. http://www.nrc.gov/reading-rm/doc-collections/cfr/part039/part039-0035.html. Accessed 15 Sept 2010.
- U.S. NRC. Procedures for receiving and opening packages. http://www.nrc.gov/reading-rm/doc-collections/cfr/part020/part020-1906.html. Accessed 3 Sept 2010.
- Vallabhajosula S, Killeen R, Osborne J. Altered biodistribution of radiopharmaceuticals: role of radiochemical/pharmaceutical purity, physiological, and pharmacologic factors. Semin Nucl Med. 2010:40:220–41.Google Scholar
- Wikipedia. Basic physics of nuclear medicine/computers in nuclear medicine. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki. Accessed 19 June 2010.
- Zaret BL, Beller GA. Clinical nuclear cardiology: state of the art and future directions. 3rd ed. Philadelphia, PA: Mosby; 2005.Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2011