Pyroshock Loaded MISO Response
The Air Force Research Laboratory has developed a new testing method that utilizes pyroshock loading to excite a structure simultaneously over multiple axes. One of the areas of investigation in developing this test capability is the effects of multiple pyroshock loading on the output response of the test structure. A series of Single Input-Single Output (SISO) and Multiple Input-Single Output (MISO) tests have been performed using a combination of single and multiple impact hammers in different geometric configurations. The impacts were applied both simultaneously and individually. The response of the structure was analyzed evaluating the acceleration time history, Frequency Response Functions, and Shock Response Spectra. This analysis was used to determine optimum placement of the multiple input locations and desired output response for the future field tests.
KeywordsAluminum Plate Frequency Response Function Output Location Acceleration Time History Test Article
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Wolfson, J., et al., Modal Testing of Complex Hardened Structures, in IMAC XXVIII A Conference and Exposition on Structural Dynamics. 2010: Jacksonville, FL.Google Scholar
- 2.Irvine, T., An Introduction to the Shock Response Spectrum. 2002.Google Scholar
- 3.Scavuzzo, R.J. and H.C. Pusey, Principles and Techniques of Shock Data Analysis. 2nd Edition ed. 1995, Arlington, VA: SAVIAC.Google Scholar
- 4.Smallwood, D.O., The Shock Spectrum at Low Frequencies. Shock and Vibration Bulletin, 1986. 56(No. 1, Appendix A): p. 9.Google Scholar
- 5.Smallwood, D.O. Improved recursive formula for calculating shock response spectra. in Proceedings of 51st Symposium on Shock and Vibration. 1981. San Diego, CA: SAVIAC.Google Scholar
- 6.Harris, C.M. and A.G. Piersol, eds. Harris' Shock and Vibration Handbook. Fifth ed. 2002, McGraw-Hill.Google Scholar
- 7.Foley, J.R., et al. Wideband Characterization of the Shock and Vibration Response of Impact-Loaded Structures. in SEM IMAC XXVII. 2009. Orlando, FL: SEM.Google Scholar