Integration Issues and Challenges
Although the thin-film embedded capacitors have been realized in the prototype quantities, there are several challenging issues for their product applications. Specifically, a successful integration of these capacitors at onchip and/or off-chip levels requires their compatibility, reliability, and interaction (diffusion and/or reaction) with the metal interconnections and their insulators. This chapter discusses many of the key issues and challenges for the integration of thin film capacitors.
KeywordsNone None Leakage Current Density Mobile Charge Package Electronics Integration Issue
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- S. P. Murarka, “Metallization Theory and Practice for VLSI and ULSI,” Butterworth-Heinemann, 1993, ch. 12, pp. 196–210.Google Scholar
- A. L. S. Loke, C. Ryu, C. P. Yue, J. S. H. Cho, and S. S. Wong, IEEE Electron Dev. Lett. 17, 549 (1996).Google Scholar
- A. Mallikarjunan, Ph.D. thesis, Rensselaer Polytech. Inst., Troy, NY, 1998.Google Scholar
- T. Laurila, K. Zeng, A. Seppala, J. Molarius; I. Suni; and J. K. Kivilahti, Proc. Mater. Res. Soc. Symposium 2001, vol. 612, pp. D7.4.Google Scholar
- R. F. Pierret, “Semiconductor Device Fundamentals,” Addison Wesley Longman 1996, ch. 16, pp. 563–600.Google Scholar