Integrated Product Design and Development in Collaborative Environment
Increased global competition has forced organizations to enhance product variety and shorten time-to-market. Also, vendors’ early participation in the design process is critical for improving product quality and drastically reducing development cycle time. The collaborative approach abridges these needs. This chapter presents an integrated framework for product design and development in distributed and collaborative environment. The proposed methodology emphasizes integration of software tools and resources.
KeywordsCollaborative engineering integrated design catalog-based design collaborative CAD modeling
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Borland N. DOME-MoDeL Language Reference. MIT, Cambridge, MA; 1997.Google Scholar
- 2.Cutkosky M., Toye G., Leifer L., Tenenbaum J. M., Glicksman J. SHARE: A Methodology and Environment for Collaborative Product Development. Post-Proceedings of IEEE Infrastructure for Collaborative Enterprise; 1993.Google Scholar
- 3.Khalid H. M. Towards Affective Collaborative Design. Proceedings of HCI International; 2001; Mahwah. New Jersey.Google Scholar
- 4.Pahng F., Senin N., Wallace D.R. Web-Based Collaborative Design Modeling and Decision Support. ASME-DETC 98; 1998.Google Scholar
- 5.Senin N., Borland N., Wallave D.R. Distributed modeling of Product design problems in a Collaborative design Environment. CIRP International Design seminar Proceedings: Multimedia Technologies for Collaborative Design and Manufacturing; 1997.Google Scholar
- 6.Senin N., Wallace D.R. A framework for mixed parametric and catalog based pruct design, MIT, CADLab; 1997.Google Scholar