Wave-particle correlations of non-classical light
We present our investigations of a third order correlation function of the electromagnetic field. The correlation function is subject to Schwartz inequalities and under conditions where third-order moments of the noise are negligible is the Fourier transform of the spectrum of squeezing. We present measurements and calculations of this correlation function in a strongly coupled system of cavity QED that produces non-classical light.
KeywordsTitanium Microwave Coherence Sapphire Parkin
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
References and links
- 2.Squeezed States of the Electromagnetic Field, edited by H. J. Kimble and D. F. Walls, special issue of J. Opt. Soc. Am. B 4, 1450 (1987).Google Scholar
- 3.Squeezed Light, edited by R. Loudon and P. L. Knight, special issue of J. Mod. Opt. 34, 709 (1987).Google Scholar
- 12.L. Mandel, E. Wolf, Optical Coherence and Quantum Optics, (Cambridge University Press, New York, 1995).Google Scholar
- 16.P. Berman, ed., Cavity Quantum Electrodynamics, Supplement 2 of Advances in Atomic, Molecular and Optical Physics series (Academic Press, Boston, 1994).Google Scholar
- 17.L. A. Lugiato, “Theory of Optical Bistability”, in Progress in Optics, E. Wolf, ed. (North-Holland, Amsterdam, 1984), Vol. XXI, p. 69–216.Google Scholar
- 26.J. E. Reiner, W. P. Smith, L. A. Orozco, H. J. Carmichael, P. R. Rice, “Time evolution and squeezing of the field amplitude in cavity QED.” To appear in J. Opt. Soc. Am. B (2001).Google Scholar