Over the last 15 years, we have produced monoclonal antibodies directed specifically against tumor cells, especially carcinoma cells. 150.000 supernatants of growing hybridoma cells coming from 150 different somatic fusions of spleen cells from mice immunized with different immunogens and protocols, were screened for specific reactivity on tumor cells. Only 45 monoclonal antibodies were selected for basic researches and clinical applications.
KeywordsToxicity Doxorubicin Folate Como Alopecia
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Baselga J, Pfister D, Cooper MR, Cohen R, Burtness B, Bos M, D’Andrea G, Seidman A, Norton L, Gunnett K, Falcey J, Anderson V, Waksai H, Mendelsohn J. 2000. Phase I studies of anti-epidermal growth factor receptor chimeric antibody C225 alone and in combination with cisplatin. J Clin Oncol 18:904–914.PubMedGoogle Scholar
- Canevari S, Stoter G, Arienti F, Bolis G, Colnaghi MI, Di Re E, Eggermont AMM, Goey SH, Gratama JW, Lamers CHJ, Nooy MA, Parmiani G, Raspagliesi F, Ravagnani F, Scarfone G, Trimbos JB, Warnaar SO, Bolhuis RLH. 1995. Regression of advanced ovarian carcinoma by intraperitoneal treatment with autologous T-lymphocytes retargeted by a bispecific monoclonal antibody. J Natl Cancer Inst 87:1463–1469.PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Ménard S, Squicciarini P, Luini A, Sacchini V, Rovini D, Tagliabue E, Veronesi P, Salvadori B, Veronesi U, Colnaghi MI. 1994. Immunodetection of bone marrow micrometastases in breast carcinoma patients and its correlation with primary tumor prognostic features. Br J Cancer 69:1126–1129.PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Nishikawa K, Rosenblum MG, Newman RA, Pandita TK, Hittelman WN, Donate NJ. 1992. Resistance of human cervical carcinoma cells to tumor necrosis factor correlates with their increased sensitivity to cisplatin: Evidence of a role for DNA repair and epidermal growth factor receptor. Cancer Res 52:4758–4765.PubMedGoogle Scholar
- Slamon DJ, Leyland-Jones B, Shak S, Fuchs H, Paten V, Bajamonde A, Fleming T, Eiermann W, Wolter J, Pegram M, Baselga J, Norton L. 2001. Use of chemotherapy plus a monoclonal antibody against HER2 for metastatic breast cancer that overexpresses HER2. N Engl J Med 344:783–792.PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- van Zanten-Przybysz I, Molthoff CF, Roos JC, Verheijen RH, van Hof A, Buist MR, Prinssen HM, Den Hollander W, Kenemans P. 2001. Influence of the route of administration on targeting of ovarian cancer with the chimeric monoclonal antibody MOv18: i.v. vs. i.p. Int J Cancer 92:106–114.PubMedGoogle Scholar
- Vogel CL, Cobleigh MA, Tripathy D, Gutheil JC, Harris LN, Fehrenbacher L, Slamon DJ, Murphy M, Novotny WF, Burchmore M, Shak S, Stewart SJ, Press M. 2002. Efficacy and safety of trastuzumab as a single agent in first-line treatment of HER2-overexpressing metastatic breast cancer. J Clin Oncol 20:719–726.PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar