BaTiO3 Structure Prognosis
The level of microstructure in BaTiO3-ceramics structural hierarchy can be considered to a certain extent in the scope of adequate and logically consistent apparatus. Such apparatus for the microstructure is the theory of grain boundaries. Research of processes acting on boundaries and on contacts between two or more grains of sintered BaTiO3-ceramic material is possible from the viewpoint of sintering theory, by studying the main kinetic mechanisms acting on grain boundaries, and during the neck is being formed, or from the viewpoint of mathematical modelling and simulation methods establishing so called model-experiment with different shapes and sizes of grains in corresponding structure of BaTiO3-ceramics constituents. In this paper those two approaches are united. Thus, a new structural model of BaTiO3-ceramics is developed for given geometry of grains’ model system, on the basis of SEM micrographs, using the basic sintering kinetic mechanisms. Connection of model and proper mathematical relations leads towards further prognosis upon structural and electronic properties of the sintered BaTiO3 material.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V.V. Mitić. The optimization of interrelations of microstructure and electrical properties of BaTiO 3-ceramics, Ph. D. Thesis, University of Niš, Niš, (1995).Google Scholar
- 2.V.V. Mitić, Z.S. Nikolić, Lj.M. Kocić, M.M. Ristić. Dielectric Properties of Barium-Titanate Ceramics as a Function of Grain Size, Advances in Dielectric Ceramic Materials, Ceramic Transactions, Volume 88, 215–223, (1998).Google Scholar
- 3.J.H. Chen, P.F. Johnson. Computer Simulation of Initial Stage Sintering in Two-Dimensional Particulate Systems, P.E. Russell, Ed., Microbeam Analysis, 405–409, (1989).Google Scholar
- 4.V.V. Mitić, Lj.M. Kocić, I. Mitrović, M.M. Ristić. Models of BaTiO 3-Ceramics Grains Contact Surfaces, The Journal of Materials Synthesis and Processing (1998).Google Scholar
- 5.V.V. Mitić, I. Mitrović, B. Jordović, V. Brankov. The application of Stereology Method for Estimating the Number of 3D BaTiO 3-Ceramics Grains Contact Surfaces, 7th European Congress for Stereology, Book of Abstracts, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, April 20-23, P47, pp. 131, (1998).Google Scholar