Advances In Sintered Electronic Materials
Although the use of ceramics is several thousand years old, developments in the past three decades have created enormous interest in the field of sintered electronic materials. Integration is technological goals in virtually all electronic materials and the age of ceramic integration is upon us. Trend to smaller and smaller sizes, as a characteristic of the age of integration and miniaturization, has led to the development of complex sintered electronic materials. At the same time, a wide variety of smart sensors, transducers, actuators, varistors, termistors, dielectric insulators and capacitors, ferrite inductors and electrooptic ceramics are being presently produced.
KeywordsSmart Material Zinc Phosphate Smart Sensor Electromechanical Transducer Ceramic Package
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R.E. Newnham, The golden age of electroceramics, Adv.Ceram.Soc., 3(1):12 (1988).Google Scholar
- 2.R. Stevens, Advanced ceramics-an overview, Ceram.Tech.Intem., 1:51 (1992).Google Scholar
- 3.S. Dos, R. Curlee, Advanced materials needs: Survey Report, Ceram.Bull., 70(11):234(1991).Google Scholar
- 4.S.T. Mc-Kinstry, R.E. Newnham, Sensors, actuators and smart materials, MRS Bull., 27:(1993)Google Scholar
- 6.Y. Geiger, Advanced in electric materials, Am.Ceiam.Soc.Bull., 53, 8:57 (1994)Google Scholar
- 7.B.D. Stojanovic, Oxide ectroceramic materials-properties and applications, Sci. Sint., spec, issue 28:21 (1996).Google Scholar
- 8.H. Okinata, T. Hata, Varistor, thermistor manufacturing in Japan, Ceram.Soc.Bull., 74(2):94 (1993).Google Scholar
- 9.J. Fukuyama, T. Kubota, Multilayer chip NTC thermnistors, Sens. Tech., 13: 12 (1993)Google Scholar
- 10.L.M. Levinson, Advanced in varistor technology, Ceram.Bull.,68(4):866(1989)Google Scholar
- 11.Y. Sakabe, Dielectric material for based-metal multilayer capacitors, Ceram Soc.Bull., 66(9):1518 (1987).Google Scholar
- 12.R.E. Newhnam, GC. Xu, S. Kumar, L.E. Cross, Smart ceimics, Ferroelectrics, 102:1(1990)Google Scholar
- 17.R.E. Newnham, Composite electroceramics, J.Mater.Educ,7:605(1992)Google Scholar