Directly Linked and Fused Oligoporphyrin Arrays
The design and preparation of linear, rigid, rod-like, conjugated molecules with precise length and constitution have attracted much interest in light of their potential applications as liquid crystals, optical devices, sensors, molecular machines, and conductive molecular wires.1 With these backgrounds, numerous attempts have been made to prepare the linear, rod-like, conjugated molecules.2 In most cases, aromatic groups or chromophores are connected with rigid spacer molecules or directly without spacer, thereby to construct large π-electronic arrays in a repetitive manner.
KeywordsSoret Band Precise Length Porphyrin Unit Giant Molecule Repetitive Manner
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.(a)E. Clar, Ber. 69, 607 (1936). (b) R. E. Martin, F. Diederich, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 38, 1350 (1999). (c) P. F. Schwab, M. D. Levin, and J. Michl, Chem. Rev. 99, 1863 (1999). (d) H. L. Anderson, Chem. Commun. 2323 (1999). (e) C. Joachim, J. K. Gimzewski, and A. Aviram, Nature, 408, 541 (2000). (f) V. Balzani, A. C. F. M. Raymo, and J. F. Stoddard, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 39, 3348 (2000).Google Scholar
- 3.(a)N. Kobayashi, M. Numao, R. Kondo, S. Nakajima, and T. Osa, Inorg. Chem. 30, 2241 (1991). (b) M. J. Crossley, P. L. Burn, S. J. Langford, and K. J. Prashar, J. Chem. Soc., Chem. Commun. 1921 (1995). (c) M. Graça, H. Vicente, L. Jaquinod, and K. M. Smith, Chem. Commun. 1771 (1999).CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 6.N. Yoshida, N. Aratani, and A. Osuka, Chem Commun. 197 (2000).Google Scholar
- 11.H.A. Tsuda, H. Furuta, and A. Osuka, submitted for publication.Google Scholar
- 12.A. Tsuda and A. Osuka, submitted for publication.Google Scholar