Implementation of the MBPT–QED Procedure with Numerical Results
In this chapter, we shall see how the combined covariant-evolution-QED approach developed in the previous chapters can be implemented numerically. In principle, this is equivalent to solving the complete Bethe–Salpeter equation perturbatively, but in practice, of course, approximations have to be made. We shall consistently work in the Coulomb gauge.
- 1.Hedendahl, D.: Towards a Relativistic Covariant Many-Body Perturbation Theory. Ph.D. thesis, University of Gothenburg, Gothenburg, Sweden (2010)Google Scholar
- 2.Hedendahl, D., Lindgren, I., Salomonson, S.: Towards numerical implementation of the relativistically covariant many-body perturbation theory. Can. J. Phys. 87, 817–24 (2008)Google Scholar
- 3.Hedendahl, D., Salomonson, S., Lindgren, I.:. Phys. Rev. p. (to be published) (2011)Google Scholar
- 4.Lindgren, I., Morrison, J.: Atomic Many-Body Theory. Second edition, Springer-Verlag, Berlin (1986, reprinted 2009)Google Scholar
- 5.Lindgren, I., Salomonson, S., Hedendahl, D.: Many-body procedure for energy-dependent perturbation: Merging many-body perturbation theory with QED. Phys. Rev. A 73, 062,502 (2006)Google Scholar