American Aerogel Corporation: Organic Aerogel Commercialization
American Aerogel produces an organic monolithic aerogel panel called Aerocore. Its properties have been optimized for the mass production of vacuum insulation panels (VIPs). This contribution summarizes the history of the company and describes the Company’s materials.
KeywordsPorosity Attenuation Foam Shipping Mold
- 1.JF Poco, PR Coronado, RW Pekala, LW Hrubesh, A Rapid Supercritical Extraction Process for the Production of Silica Aerogels MRS Apr 8–12 1996 Spring MeetingGoogle Scholar
- 2.RW Pekala, CT Alviso, X Lu, J Gross, J Fricke, New organic aerogels based upon a phenolic-furfural reaction J Non-Cryst Solids 188 (1995) 34–40Google Scholar
- 3.US Pat Nos. 6,090,861 and 6,077,876Google Scholar
- 4.JD LeMay, RW Hopper, LW Hrubesh, RW Pekala Low-Density Microcellular Materials UCRL-JC-104935 Preprint for MRS Bulletin Dec 1990Google Scholar
- 5.US Pat No. 7,005,181Google Scholar