Lessons Learned from Implementing WS-Agreement
WS-Agreement describes a protocol and structure for creating and representing service level agreements. In order to remain domain independent, the authors of the WS-Agreement specification have provided many extension points for domain specific content. This creates high degrees of freedoms for programmers to implement the specification. Many attempts to do this have been made in the past. In this paper, we explain what we have learned from our own and other projects’ attempts of implementing WS-Agreement. The paper presents a set of guidelines how the features of WS-Agreement can be used in a sound way that allows transferring large parts of the WS-Agreement logic into a generic and domain-independent WS-Agreement framework.
KeywordsService Level Agreement Extension Point XPath Expression Service Term Service Level Objective
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. Andrieux, K. Czajkowski, A. Dan, K. Keahey, H. Ludwig, T. Kakata, J. Pruyne, J. Rofrano, S. Tuecke, S., and M. Xu. Web Services Agreement Specification (WSAgreement). Technical report, Open Grid Forum, 2007.Google Scholar
- 2.H. Ludwig, A. Dan, and R. Kearney. Cremona: An Architecture and Library for Creation and Monitoring of WS-Agreements. In ICSOC ’04: Proceedings of the 2nd international conference on Service oriented computing, pages 65–74, 2004.Google Scholar
- 3.P. Wieder, J. Seidel, O. Wäldrich, W. Ziegler, and R. Yahyapour. Using SLA for Resource Management and Scheduling - A Survey. In Grid Middleware and Services, pages 335–347, 2008.Google Scholar
- 4.P. Hasselmeyer, H. Mersch, B. Koller, H.N. Quyen, L. Schubert, and Ph. Wieder. Implementing an SLA Negotiation Framework. In Exploiting the Knowledge Economy - Issues, Applications, Case Studies, 2007.Google Scholar
- 5.D. Battré, O. Kao, and Voss. Implementing WS-Agreement in a Globus Toolkit 4.0 Environment. In Grid Middleware and Services, pages 409–418, 2008.Google Scholar
- 6.O. Rana, M. Warnier, T.B. Quillinan, F. Brazier, and D. Cojocarasu. Managing Violations in Service Level Agreements. In Grid Middleware and Services, pages 349–358, 2008.Google Scholar
- 7.D. Battré, G. Birkenheuer, V. Deora, M. Hovestadt, O. Rana, and O. Wäldrich. Guarantee and Penalty Clauses for Service Level Agreements. In Proceedings of the 8th Cracow Grid Workshop, 2008.Google Scholar