Building Partnerships and Coalition Advocacy
The goal of this chapter is to help the reader to understand how to translate their advocacy from the level of individual efforts to a coordinated campaign of a sustained strategy that includes coalitions and effective partnerships.
KeywordsComparative Effectiveness Research Health Service Researcher Advocacy Coalition Patient Center Outcome Research Institute Advocacy Campaign
The authors thank Muriel Powers for her expert editorial comments and manuscript preparation.
- 1.Institute of Medicine. (1979). Chapter 5: The National Center for Health Services Research. Health Services Research: Report of a Study. Washington, DC: National Academies Press.Google Scholar
- 3.Gray BH, Gusmano MK, Collins SR. AHCPR and The Changing Politics Of Health Services Research. Health Affairs 2003; [Web Exclusive]. Retrieved from http://content.healthaffairs.org/cgi/content/full/hlthaff.w3.283v1/DC1.
- 4.Healthcare Research and Quality Act of 1999. P. L. 106–129. 106th Congress Sess. (1999).Google Scholar
- 5.Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, Section 6301. P. L. 111–148. 111th Congress Sess. (2009).Google Scholar
- 6.Obama-Biden Presidential Campaign. (2008). Barack Obama and Joe Biden’s Plan to Lower Health Care Costs and Ensure Affordable, Accessible Health Coverage for All. Retrieved from http://www.barackobama.com/pdf/issues/HealthCareFullPlan.pdf.
- 7.MedPAC (2008). Report to the Congress: Reforming the Delivery System: Medicare Payment Advisory Commission. http://www.medpac.gov/chapters/Jun08_Ch05.pdf.
- 8.American College of Physicians. (2009). Internists and Other Physician Groups Support Comparative Effectiveness Provisions in Proposed Legislation. July 13, 2009. [Press Release]. Retrieved from http://www.acponline.org/pressroom/tri_committee.htm.
- 9.Testimony of Peter Orszag before the United States Senate Committee on the Budget. (2007). Health Care and the Budget: Issues and Challenges for Reform. June 21, 2007. Retrieved from http://www.cbo.gov/ftpdocs/82xx/doc8255/06-21-HealthCareReform.pdf.