Cloud Computing Fundamentals
In the introductory chapter we define the concept of cloud computing and cloud services, and we introduce layers and types of cloud computing. We discuss the differences between cloud computing and cloud services. New technologies that enabled cloud computing are presented next. We also discuss cloud computing features, standards, and security issues. We introduce the key cloud computing platforms, their vendors, and their offerings. We discuss cloud computing challenges and the future of cloud computing.
KeywordsCloud Computing Virtual Machine Cloud Service Intrusion Detection Cloud Provider
- Chappell, D. (August 2008). A short introduction to cloud platforms: An enterprise-oriented view. San Francisco, CA: Chappel and Associates.Google Scholar
- Grossman, R. L. (March/April 2009). The case for cloud computing. IEEE ITPro, 23–27.Google Scholar
- Hutchinson, C., & Ward, J. (March/April 2009). Navigation the next-generation application architecture. IEEE ITPro, 18–22.Google Scholar
- Jens, F. (September 2008). Defining cloud services and cloud computing. http://blogs.idc.com/ie/?p=190.
- Jones, M. T. Cloud computing with linux. http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-cloud-computing.
- Lakshmanan, G. (April 2009). Cloud computing – Relevance to enterprise. Infosys White Paper.Google Scholar
- Leavitt, N. (January 2009). Is cloud computing really ready for prime time? IEEE Computer, 15–20.Google Scholar
- Sun Microsystems (June 2009). Introduction to cloud computing architecture. White Paper, Sun Microsystems.Google Scholar
- Voas, J., & Zhang, J. (March/April 2009). Cloud computing: New wine or just a new bottle? IEEE ITPro, 15–17.Google Scholar
- Vouk, M. A. (June 2008). Cloud computing – Issues, research and implementations. Proceedings of the ITI 30th International Conference on Information Technology Interfaces, Cavtat, Croatia, 31–40.Google Scholar
- Wang, L., Tao, J., & Kunze, M. (2008). Scientific cloud computing: Early definition and experience. Proceedings of the 10th IEEE International Conference on High Performance Computing and Communications, Austin, TX, 825–830.Google Scholar