In this work, the potentials of subthreshold MOS devices for implementing power-performance scalable integrated systems have been studied. It has been shown that the exponential I-V characteristics of this type of devices can help to implement very widely tunable analog and digital integrated circuits. Meanwhile, low current density of transistors in this region of operation makes them very suitable for implementing ultra-low-power circuits.
KeywordsWide Tuning Range Analog Integrate Circuit Static Power Consumption Standard Cell Library Static CMOS
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.A. Tajalli, E. Vittoz, Y. Leblebici, and E.J. Brauer, “Ultra low power subthreshold current mode logic utilizing a novel PMOS load device concept,” in Proceedings of European Solid-State Circuits Conference (ESSCIRC), pp. 304–307, Munich, Germany, Sep. 2007Google Scholar
- 3.A. Tajalli, M. Alioto. E.J. Brauer, and Y. Leblebici, “Design of high performance subthreshold source-coupled logic circuits,” in Proceedings of International Workshop on Power and Timing Modeling, Optimization and Simulation (PATMOS), Lisbon, Portugal, Oct. 2008Google Scholar
- 4.A. Tajalli, Y. Leblebici, and E.J. Brauer, “Pico-watt source-coupled logic circuits,” in Proceedings of International Conference on Very Large Scale Integration (VLSI-SoC), Rhode Island, Greece, Oct. 2008Google Scholar
- 6.A. Tajalli and Y. Leblebici, “Subthreshold leakage reduction: A comparative study of SCL and CMOS design,” to appear in IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems (ISCAS), Taipei, Taiwan, May 2009Google Scholar
- 7.A. Tajalli and Y. Leblebici, “Leakage current reduction using subthreshold source-coupled logic,” in IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems-II: Express Briefs (Special Issue on Nanocircuits), vol. 56, no. 5, pp. 347–351, May 2009Google Scholar
- 8.A. Tajalli and Y. Leblebici, “Subthreshold SCL for ultra-low-power SRAM and low-activity-rate digital systems,” to appear in European Solid-State Circuits Conference (ESSCIRC), Athen, Greece, Sep. 2009Google Scholar
- 9.M. Beikahmadi, A. Tajalli, and Y. Leblebici, “A subthreshold SCL based pipelined encoder for ultra-low power 8-bit folding/interpolating ADC,” in Proceedings of The Nordic Microelectronics Event (NORCHIP), Tallin, Estonia, pp. 9–12, Nov. 2008Google Scholar
- 10.A. Tajall and Y. Leblebici, “Ultra-low power mixed-signal design platform using subthreshold source-coupled circuits,” to appear in Design And Test in Europe (DATE), Dreseden, Germany, Mar. 2010Google Scholar
- 11.A. Tajalli, E.J. Brauer, and Y. Leblebici, “Ultra low power 32-bit pipelined adder using subthreshold source-coupled logic with 5fJ/stage PDP,” Elsevier Microelectron. J., vol. 40, no. 6, pp. 973–978, Jun. 2009Google Scholar
- 12.A. Tajalli, F. Gurkaynak, M. Alioto, Y. Leblebici, and E.J. Brauer, “Improving the power-delay product in SCL circuits using source follower output stage” in Proceedings of IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems (ISCAS), Seattle, pp. 145–148, USA, May 2008Google Scholar
- 15.A. Tajalli, and Y. Leblebici, “Linearity improvement in biquadratic transconductor-C filters,” in IEE Electronics Letters, vol. 43, no. 24, Dec. 2007Google Scholar
- 16.A. Tajalli and Y. Leblebici, “A widely-tunable and power-scalable MOSFET-C filter operating in subthreshold,” in Custom Integrated Circuits Conference (CICC), San Jose, USA, pp. 593–596, Sep. 2009Google Scholar
- 17.A. Tajalli and Y. Leblebici “Nanowatt range folding-interpolating ADC using subthreshold source-coupled circuits,” J. Low-Power Electron., vol. 6, Apr. 2010Google Scholar