Robust Control of Large-Scale Systems: Efficient Selection of Inputs and Outputs
There has been a growing interest in recent years in robust control of systems with parametric uncertainty [1, 2, 3, 4, 5]. The dynamic behavior of this type of systems is typically governed by a set of differential equations whose coefficients belong to fairly-known uncertainty regions. Although there are several methods to capture the uncertain nature of a real-world system (e.g., by modeling it as a structured or unstructured uncertainty ), it turns out that the most realistic means of describing uncertainty is to parameterize it and then specify its domain of variation.
KeywordsRobust Control Robust Stability Uncertain System Matrix Polynomial Uncertainty Region
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.M. C. de Oliveira and J. C. Geromel, “A class of robust stability conditions where linear parameter dependence of the Lyapunov function is a necessary condition for arbitrary parameter dependence,” Systems & Control Letters, vol. 54, no. 11, pp. 1131–1134, 2005.MathSciNetzbMATHCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 6.G. E. Dullerud and F. Paganini, A course in robust control theory: A convex approach, Texts in Applied Mathematics, Springer, 2005.Google Scholar
- 11.D. D. Šiljak, Decentralized control of complex systems, Cambridge: Academic Press, 1991.Google Scholar
- 14.S. Sojoudi and A. G. Aghdam, “Characterizing all classes of LTI stabilizing structurally constrained controllers by means of combinatorics,” in Proceedings of 46th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, New Orleans, USA, 2007.Google Scholar
- 17.P. A. Parrilo, “Structured semidefinite programs and semialgebraic geometry methods in robustness and optimization,” Ph.D. dissertation, California Institute of Technology, 2000.Google Scholar
- 18.G. H. Hardy, J. E. Littlewood, and G. Polya, Inequalities. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, Second edition, 1952.Google Scholar
- 22.J. L¨ofberg, “A toolbox for modeling and optimization in MATLAB,” in Proceedings of the CACSD Conference, Taipei, Taiwan, 2004 (available online at http://control.ee.ethz.ch/~joloef/yalmip.php).
- 23.S. Prajna, A. Papachristodoulou, P. Seiler and P. A. Parrilo, “SOSTOOLS sum of squares optimization toolbox for MATLAB,” Users guide, 2004 (available online at http://www.cds.caltech.edu/sostools).
- 24.C. J. Hillar and J. Nie, “An elementary and constructive solution to Hilbert’s 17th Problem for matrices,” in Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society, vol. 136, pp. 73–76, 2008.Google Scholar
- 25.P.-A. Bliman, R. C. L. F. Oliveira, V. F. Montagner, and P. L. D. Peres, “Existence of homogeneous polynomial solutions for parameter-dependent linear matrix inequal- ities with parameters in the simplex,” in Proceedings of 45th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, San Diego, USA, pp. 1486–1491, 2006.Google Scholar
- 26.R. C. L. F. Oliveira, M. C. de Oliveira, and P. L. D. Peres, “Convergent LMI relaxations for robust analysis of uncertain linear systems using lifted polynomial parameter-dependent Lyapunov functions,” Systems & Control Letters, vol. 57, no. 8, pp. 680–689, 2008.MathSciNetzbMATHCrossRefGoogle Scholar