- 918 Downloads
Ask many Americans about health care reform, and even if they lack detailed knowledge of the new law, they will express concern about whether the nation can afford it, according to polls. In other words, they may not know what it does, but they know it’s going to cost plenty.
KeywordsCapital Gain Health Care Reform Medicare Program Unearned Income Medicare Advantage Plan
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Deloitte.com. “Prescription for Change ‘Filled.’ Tax Provisions in the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.” Deloitte Development LLC. http://www.deloitte.com/view/en_US/us/Services/tax/112a52f1b5277210VgnVCM100000ba42f00aRCRD.htm, 2010.
- Elmendorf, Douglas W. “Testimony on Last Year’s Health Care Legislation.” Congressional Budget Office. http://cboblog.cbo.gov/?p=2088, 2011.
- Foster, Richard S. “The Estimated Effect of the Affordable Care Act on Medicare and Medicaid Outlays and Total National Health Care Expenditures. Testimony before the House Committee on the Budget.” U.S. House of Representatives Committee on the Budget. http://budget.house.gov/UploadedFiles/fostertestimony1262011.pdf, 2011.
- HealthCare.gov. “Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services Enhance Efforts to Prevent and Fight Health Care Fraud.” U.S. Department of Health & Human Services. http://www.healthcare.gov/news/factsheets/prevent_health_care_fraud.html, 2010.
- Holahan, John and L. Blumberg. “Will Health Care Reform Increase the Deficit and National Debt?” The Urban Institute. http://www.rwjf.org/healthpolicy/product.jsp?id=66768, 2010.
- Nevius, Alistair. “Health Care Reform Reshapes Tax Code.” Journal of Accountancy, April 1, 2010.Google Scholar
- NPR.org. “Dollars for Docs.” National Public Radio. http://www.npr.org/series/130598927/dollars-for-docs-how-pharma-money-influences-physician-prescriptions, 2010.
- Pryde, Joan. “Health Care Reform: 13 Tax Changes on the Way.” Kiplinger.com. http://www.kiplinger.com/businessresource/forecast/archive/health-care-reform-tax-hikes-on-the-way.html?si=1, 2010.
- Waller Lansden Dortch & Davis LLP. “Follow the Money: Healthcare Reform Revenue Raising (Tax) Provisions.” http://www.wallerlaw.com/articles/2010/03/23/follow-the-money-the-healthcare-reform-revenue-raising-tax-provisions, 2010.