- 896 Downloads
The new health care law promises to bestow upon us much more information about the American medical system, or as government planners say, make it more transparent.
KeywordsHealth Literacy Health Care Reform Info Overload Nutritional Label Government Internet Site
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- AHRQ.gov. “Low Health Literacy Linked to Higher Risk of Death and More Emergency Room Visits and Hospitalizations.” Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. http://www.ahrq.gov/news/press/pr2011/lowhlitpr.htm, 2011.
- Boodman, Sandra G. “Helping Patients Understand Their Medical Treatment.” KaiserHealthNews.org. http://www.kaiserhealthnews.org/Stories/2011/March/01/Health-Literacy-Understanding-Medical-Treatment.aspx, March 1, 2011.
- CDC.gov. “U.S. Obesity Trends by State 1985–2009.” Centers for Disease Control. http://www.cdc.gov/obesity/data/trends.html, 2010.
- Drummond, Kate. “Hidden Health Care Clause: Menu Labels Go National.” AolNews.com. http://www.aolnews.com/2010/03/22/hidden-health-care-clause-menu-labels-go-national/, March 22, 2010.
- Health.gov. “National Action Plan to Improve Health Literacy.” U.S. Department of Health & Human Services. http://www.health.gov/communication/HLActionPlan/, 2010.
- HHS.gov. “HHS Releases National Plan to Improve Health Literacy.” U.S. Department of Health & Human Services. http://www.hhs.gov/ash/news/20100527.html, 2010.
- -. “Medicare Payment and Volume Data.” U.S. Department of Health & Human Services. http://www.hospitalcompare.hhs.gov, 2011.
- Medicare.gov. “Home Health Compare.” U.S. Department of Health & Human Services. http://www.medicare.gov/HomeHealthCompare/search.aspx, 2011.
- Somers, Stephen A. and Roopa Mahadevan. Health Literacy Implications of the Affordable Care Act. Hampton, NJ: Center for Health Care Strategies Inc., 2010.Google Scholar
- Vaida, Bara. “Calorie Labeling for Restaurant Recommendations Coming Soon.” KaiserHealthNews.org. http://www.kaiserhealthnews.org/Stories/2011/March/07/menu-labeling.aspx, March 6, 2011.
- WCSR.com. “FDA Expediting Menu Labeling Implementation and Enforcement.” Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice, PLLC. http://www.wcsr.com/client-alerts/fda-expediting-menu-labeling-implementation-and-enforcement, 2010.