- 935 Downloads
Health care reform means big changes in the relationships individuals and families have with insurers. It may change where they purchase insurance, and how much they pay for it. It will require them to have insurance, and it will change what is covered by policies. It changes how tax laws treat medical expenses. And it provides a multitude of protections intended to keep insurers fair, honest, and efficient.
KeywordsPoverty Level Health Care Reform Insurance Exchange Blue Cross Blue Shield Monthly Premium
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Adamy, Janet. “McDonald’s May Drop Health Plan.” Wall Street Journal. http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703431604575522413101063070.html, 2010.
- Chaikind, Hinda and Chris L. Peterson. Individual Mandate and Related Information Under PPACA. Washington, DC: Congressional Research Service, 2010.Google Scholar
- CommonwealthFund.org. “New Report: Individual Health Insurance Market Failing Consumers.” The Commonwealth Fund. http://www.commonwealthfund.org/Content/News/News-Releases/2009/Jul/New-Report-Individual-Health-Insurance-Market-Failing-Consumers.aspx, 2009.
- HarrisInteractive.com. “Individual Mandate in Health Care Reform Law Still Widely Unpopular: Poll.” Harris Interactive/HealthDay poll. http://www.harrisinteractive.com/NewsRoom/PressReleases/tabid/446/mid/1506/articleId/704/ctl/ReadCustom%20Default/Default.aspx, 2011.
- HealthCare.gov. “Affordable Care Act and Immunization.” U.S. Department of Health & Human Services. http://www.healthcare.gov/news/factsheets/affordable_care_act_immunization.html, 2010.
- -. “The Affordable Care Act: Protecting Consumers and Putting Patients Back in Charge of Their Care.” U.S. Department of Health & Human Services. http://www.healthcare.gov/news/factsheets/protectconsumers_factsheet072210.pdf, 2010.
- -. “Community Health Centers and the Affordable Care Act.” U.S. Department of Health & Human Services. http://www.healthcare.gov/news/factsheets/increasing_access_.html, 2010.
- -. “Health Insurance Exchanges: State Planning and Establishment Grants.” U.S. Department of Health & Human Services. http://www.healthcare.gov/news/factsheets/esthealthinsurexch.html, 2011.
- -. “Keeping the Health Plan You Have.” U.S. Department of Health & Human Services. http://www.healthcare.gov/news/factsheets/keeping_the_health_plan_you_have_grandfathered.html, 2010.
- -. “Preventive Services Covered Under the Affordable Care Act.” U.S. Department of Health & Human Services. http://www.healthcare.gov/law/about/provisions/services/lists.html, 2011.
- KFF.org. “Access to Abortion Coverage and Health Reform.” Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation. http://www.kff.org/healthreform/upload/8021.pdf, 2010.
- -. “Health Reform Subsidy Calculator.” Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation. http://healthreform.kff.org/SubsidyCalculator.aspx, 2011.
- Lischko, Amy M. et al. The Massachusetts Commonwealth Health Insurance Connector: Structure and Function. New York, NY: The Commonwealth Fund, 2009.Google Scholar
- Pear, Robert. “Long-Term Care Program Needs Changes.” New York Times. February 21, 2011.Google Scholar
- Wisconsin.gov. “Wisconsin Health Insurance Exchange prototype.” State of Wisconsin. https://exchange.wisconsin.gov/, 2011.