War on Reform
- 915 Downloads
Since passage in 2010, health care reform has been under constant assault by lawsuits and Republican politicians on the state and federal levels. So far, proponents and opponents are locked in stalemate.
KeywordsHealth Care Reform Defensive Medicine Medicare Advantage Federal Judge Interstate Commerce
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Blumberg, Linda J. “How Will the PPACA Impact Individual and Small Group Premiums in the Short and Long Term?” The Urban Institute. http://www.urban.org/uploadedpdf/412128-PPACA-impact.pdf, 2010.
- CBO.gov. “Effects of Eliminating the Individual Mandate to Obtain Health Insurance.” Congressional Budget Office. http://www.cbo.gov/ftpdocs/113xx/doc11379/Eliminate_Individual_Mandate_06_16.pdf, 2010.
- Goldstein, Amy and N.C. Aizenman. “As Health Care Law Turns 1, Supporters Using Occasion to Shape It’s Image.” Washington Post, March 22, 2011.Google Scholar
- GOP.gov. “Repeal & Replace the Job Destroying Health Care Law.” The House Republican Conference. http://www.gop.gov/pledge/healthcare, 2011.
- HealthCare.gov. “The Price of Repealing the Affordable Care Act.” U.S. Department of Health & Human Services. http://www.healthcare.gov/news/factsheets/repealcosts.html, 2011.
- Herring, Bradley. “An Economic Perspective on the Individual Mandate’s Severability from the ACA.” New England Journal of Medicine, February 23, 2011. (10.1056/NEJMpv1101519)Google Scholar
- Hsiao, William C. “State-Based Single-Payer Health Care—A Solution for the United States?” New England Journal of Medicine, March 16 2011. (10.1056/NEJMp1100972)Google Scholar
- JLBGHealth.com. “Judge Says NH Man Lacks Standing to Sue Over Health Care Reform.” J.L. Barnes Group. http://www.jlbghealth.com/blog/archives/963-Judge-says-NH-man-lacks-standing-to-sue-over-healthcare-reform.html, 2011.
- Kenen, Joanne. “Experts Ponder ‘Plan B’ Options for the Individual Mandate.” Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation. http://www.kaiserhealthnews.org/Stories/2010/December/17/mandate-alternatives.aspx, December 17, 2010.
- Kennedy, Kelly. “States Proceed on Health Care Law.” USA Today, February 18, 2011.Google Scholar
- KFF.org. “Pop Quiz: Assessing Americans’ Familiarity with the Health Care Law.” Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation. http://www.kff.org/healthreform/upload/8148.pdf, 2011.
- NCLS.org. “State Legislation and Actions Challenging Certain Health Reforms, 2011.” National Conference of State Legislatures. http://www.ncsl.org/?tabid=18906, 2011.
- Oberlander, Jonathan. “Beyond Repeal—The Future of Health Care Reform.” New England Journal of Medicine, November 17, 2010. (10.1056/NEJMp 1012779)Google Scholar
- -. “Under Siege—The Individual Mandate for Health Insurance and Its Alternatives.” New England Journal of Medicine, February 16, 2011. (10.1056/NEJMp 1101240)Google Scholar
- TheHill.com. “Number of Healthcare Reform Law Waivers Climbs to Above 1,000.” The Hill. http://thehill.com/blogs/healthwatch/health-reform-implementation/147715-number-of-healthcare-reform-law-waivers-climbs-above-1000, 2011.
- Vermont.gov. “Vermont Blueprint for Health.” State of Vermont. http://hcr.vermont.gov/sites/hcr/files/final_annual_report_01_26_11.pdf, 2010.
- Zelizer, Julian E. “The Real Threat to Health Care Reform.” CNN.com. http://articles.cnn.com/2010-12-20/opinion/zelizer.health.reform.threat_1_health-care-republicans-policies?_s=PM:OPINION, December 20, 2010.