Stability Analysis of Plates
Boundary element only formulations for the stability analysis of isotropic and anisotropic plates are presented. Domain integrals which arise in the formulation are transformed into boundary integrals by the radial integration method and the dual reciprocity method. Plate buckling equations are formulated as standard eigenvalue problem. The accuracy of the proposed formulations including buckling coefficients and buckling modes is assessed by comparison with results from literature.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- E. L. Albuquerque, P. M. Baiz, and M. H. Aliabadi. Stability analysis of composite plates by the boundary element method. in International Conference on Boundary Element Techniques – 2008, R. Abascal and M. H. Aliabadi (Editors), pp. 455–460, EC Ltd, Seville, Spain, 2008.Google Scholar
- M. H. Aliabadi. Boundary Element Method, the Application in Solids and Structures. John Wiley and Sons Ltd, New York, 2002.Google Scholar
- D. E. Beskos (Editor). Boundary element analysis of plates and shells. Springer Verlag, New York, 1992.Google Scholar
- D. E. Beskos. Dynamic analysis of structures and structural systems. in Boundary Element Advances in Solid Mechanics, D. E. Beskos and G. Maier (Editors). pp. 1–53, Springer, New York, 2003.Google Scholar
- J. A. Costa and C. A. Brebbia. Elastic buckling of plates using the boundary element method. in Boundary Element VII, C. A. Brebbia (Editor). pp. 429–442, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1985.Google Scholar
- A. Elzein. Lecture notes in engineering 64, C.A. Brebbia and S.A. Orszag (Editors). Springer-Verlag, New York, 1991.Google Scholar
- B. G. Falzon and M. H. Aliabadi (Editors). Buckling and Post buckling structures. Imperial College Press, Singapore, 2008.Google Scholar
- S. G. Lekhnitskii. Anisotropic Plates. Gordon and Breach, New York, 1968.Google Scholar
- S. Timoshenko and J. M. Gere. Theory of elastic stability (2nd edn). McGraw-Hill, New York, 1961.Google Scholar
- A. C. Walker. A brief review of plate buckling research. in Behaviour of thin-walled structures, J. Rhodes and J. Spence (Editors). Elsevier, London, 1984.Google Scholar