Discussion of the Results
- 654 Downloads
The results obtained along the several sections of this work require an objective analysis to place them within the actual tendencies in the field of the kinetic theory of plasmas. They can be divided into two classes, one related to the general structure of magnetohydrodynamics and the other one, containing directly the essential information displayed in the different transport coefficients. In both cases we shall take to be as a reference point the magnificent and exhaustive treatment, very likely the most complete one written on this subject, due to R. Balescu and published already 18 years ago 1.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- See Ref.  in Chap 5. Google Scholar
- R. Balescu; Transport Processes in Plasmas; Vol. I. Classical Transport; North-Holland Publ. Co., Amsterdam (1988). Google Scholar
- H. Grad; Principles of the Kinetic Theory of Gases; in Handbuch der Physik, S. Flügge, Ed., Vol. 12; Springer-Verlag, Berlin (1958). Google Scholar
- S. R. de Groot and P. Mazur; Non-equilibrium Thermodynamics; Dover Publications, Inc., Mineola, N.Y. (1984). Google Scholar
- See Ref.  Chap. 4. Google Scholar