Analytical Algorithms for Faulty Effects Analysis
Reconfigurable FPGAs are very appealing as a replacement of ASICs for low-volume designs. FPGAs offer performance levels close to that of ASICs, plenty of resources to implement even very complex systems, as well as the possibility of performing in-the-field-reprogrammability.
KeywordsFault Injection Memory Element Logic Resource FPGA Device Logic Topology
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.E. Fuller, M. Caffrey, P. Blain, C. Carmichael, N. Khalsa, A. Salazar, Radiation Test Results of the Virtex FPGA and ZBT SRAM for Space Based Reconfigurable Computing, presented at the MAPLD Conference, Sept. 1999.Google Scholar
- 2.M. Ceschia, A. Paccagnella, S. -C. Lee, C. Wan, M. Bellato, M. Menichelli, A. Papi, A. Kaminski, J. Wyss, Ion Beam Testing of ALTEERA APEX FPGAs, NSREC 2002 Radiation Effects Data Workshop Record, Phoenix, AZ, July 2002.Google Scholar
- 4.D. K. Pradhan, Fault-Tolerant Computer System Design, Upper Saddle River, NJ, Prentice-Hall, 1996.Google Scholar
- 5.F. Lima, C. Carmichael, J. Fabula, R. Padovani, R. Reis, A Fault Injection Analysis of Virtex FPGA TMR Design Methodology, in Proceedings IEEE European Conference on Radiation and Its Effect on Component and System, 2001, pp. 275–282.Google Scholar
- 6.P. Bernardi, M. Sonza Reorda, L. Sterpone, M. Violante, On the Evaluation of SEUs Sensitiveness in SRAM-Based FPGAs, IEEE 10th On-Line Testing Symposium, 2004, pp. 115–120.Google Scholar
- 7.M. Alderighi, S. D’Angelo, M. Mancini, G. R. Sechi, A Fault Injection Tool for SRAM-Based FPGA, 9th IEEE On-Line Testing Symposium, 2003, pp. 129–133.Google Scholar
- 8.P. Sundararajan, B. Blodget, Estimation of Mean Time Between Failure Caused by Single Event Upset, Xilinx Application notes, XAPP559, Jan. 2005.Google Scholar
- 9.G. Asadi, M. B. Tahoori, An Analytical Approach for Soft Error Rate Estimation of SRAM-Based FPGAs, presented at the MAPLD Conference, 2004.Google Scholar
- 10.M. Ceschia, M. Violante, M. Sonza Reorda, A. Paccagnella, P. Bernardi, M. Rebaudengo, D. Bortolato, M. Bellato, P. Zambolin, A. Candelori, Identification and Classification of Single-Event Upsets in the Configuration Memory of SRAM-Based FPGAs, IEEE Transaction on Nuclear Science, Vol. 50, No. 6, Dec. 2003, pp. 2088–2094.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 13.B. R. Koga, K. B. Crawford, P. B. Grant, W. A. Kolasinski, D. L. Leung, T. J. Lie, D. C. Mayer, S. D. Pinkerton, T. K. Tsubota, Single Ion Induced Multiple-Bit Upset in IDT 256K SRAMs, in Proceedings 2nd Euro Conference on Radiation and Its Effects on Components and Systems, St. Malo, France, Sept. 1993, pp. 485–489.Google Scholar
- 16.B. Bridgford, C. Carmichael, C. W. Tseng, Correcting Single-Event Upsets in Virtex-II Platform FPGA Configuration Memory, Xilinx Application Notes, XAPP779, Feb. 19, 2007.Google Scholar
- 18.“TMRTool User Guide”, Xilinx User Guide UG156, 2004.Google Scholar