ABOUT QUASI-LIQUID SPONTANEOUS DEFORMATION IN IRON-HYDROGEN SYSTEM
Features of gas-eutectoid reaction in iron-hydrogen system are described. The pore formation and spontaneous plastic deformation are controllable by changing the pressure of hydrogen and cooling-heating conditions (thermocycling range, heating speed and direction, cooling speed and direction). This phenomenon can be a basis for entirely new methods of porous metal production, having not only closed but open porosity.
Keywordsdeformation hydrogen iron concentration microstructure phase diagram
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Shapovalov V.I. Karpov V.Y. Discovery of the USSR under No. 313 on 26 December 1985 with the priority dates of 10 February 1980 in regard to the experimental detection of the phenomenon and 19 May 1982 in regard to the theoretical explanation of the phenomenon according to scientific discovery application No. OT-10562, filed 9 April 1982Google Scholar
- 2.Shapovalov V.I. Structure formation behavior of alloys during gas-eutectic and gas-eutectoid transformation and prospects of the use of hydrogen in alloying. Proceedings of a symposium Materials Week'92 in Chicago, IL, November 1–5, 1992, 207–216Google Scholar
- 3.Shapovalov V.I., Karpov V.Yu. The Effect of Anomalous Plastic Self-Deformation of Fe-H Alloys. Doklady AN Ukr.SSR, 1981, 7(in Russian)Google Scholar
- 4.Shapovalov V.I., Karpov V.Yu. Anomalous Superplasticity of Iron. Izvestiya Vuzov. Chernaya Metallurgiya, 1981, 8(in Russian)Google Scholar
- 5.Shapovalov V.I., Karpov V.Yu. Self-Deformation of Iron in the Presence of Hydrogen. Fizika metallov i Metallovedenie, 1981, 52(6) (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 6.Shapovalov V.I., Karpov V.Yu. Possibility of Iron Change to a Quasiliquid State on Polymorphic Transition in Hydrogen Atmosphere. Izvestiya AN SSSR. Metally, 1982, 1(in Russian)Google Scholar
- 7.Shapovalov V.I., Karpov V.Yu. Anomalous Dynamic Superplasticity and Quasiliquid State of Iron in the Presence of Hydrogen. Fiziko-Khimicheskaya Mekhanika Materialov, 1982, 3(in Russian)Google Scholar
- 8.Shapovalov V.I., Grigorovich V.K. On the Nature of Quasiliquid State of Iron. Doklady AN SSSR, 1982, 267(4) (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 9.Shapovalov V.I., Karpov V.Yu. The Nature of Anomalous Spontaneous Deformation of Iron in the Presence of Hydrogen. Fizika metallov i metallovedenie, 1983, 55(4) (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 10.Shapovalov V.I., Trofimenko V.V. On Treatment of Wrought Steel Wheels to Prevent Flakes. Izvestiya Vuzov. Chernaya Metallurgiya, 1981, 8(in Russian)Google Scholar
- 11.Shapovalov V.I., Staroseletskii M.I., Trofimenko V.V., Antipova N.Y. Hydrogen Behaviour in Steel During Manufacture of Wrought Railway Wheels. Stal, 1982, 6(in Russian)Google Scholar