Students’ Perceptions of a Competency Assessment Program in an Online Course
In online and distance learning, group work is a commonly used strategy. Benefits for the learner are based on the collaborative nature and constructivist framework of group work (Bates & Poole, 2003; Dillenbourg, 1999; Garrison & Anderson, 2003).
KeywordsCollaborative Learning Group Project Distance Learning Final Paper Main Research Question
- Bates, T., & Poole, G (2003) Effective Teaching with Technology in Higher Education: Foundations for Success. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.Google Scholar
- Dillenbourg, P. (1999). What do you mean by “collaborative learning”? In P. Dillenbourg (Ed.), Collaborative learning: Cognitive and Computational approaches (pp. 1-19). Oxford: Elsevier.Google Scholar
- Garrison, R, & Anderson, T. (2003). E-Learning in the 21st Century: A framework for research and practice. San Francisco, CA: Routledge.Google Scholar
- Miles, M., & Hubberman, A. M. (1994). Qualitative data analysis. Thousand Oaks, CA, Sage.Google Scholar
- Pereira, A., Mendes, A. Q., Mota, J. C., Morgado, L., & Aires, L. L. (2003). Discursos, Série Perspectivas em Educação. 1, 39-53.Google Scholar