New Concept In Optimizing Manipulability Index Of Serial Manipulators Using SVD Method
Studying the Manipulability index for every point within the workspace of any serial manipulator is considered one of the important problems, required for designing trajectories or avoiding singular configurations. We had to go through this problem for our project of optimizing D-H parameters of extending for Mitsubishi which is existed at our lab. First step is to get all points within the workspace envelope with different manipulability bands and to find most the high band to start forward kinematic design and optimization of additional s parameters.
We have discovered a new concept in this paper ,related for one method used before in measuring kinematic Manipulability .We have made simulations supporting our method on Puma560, Mitsubishi movemaster, and six degrees of freedom manipulator.
KeywordsJacobian Matrix Serial Manipulator Minimum Rank Singular Matrix Singular Configuration
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- P. H. Chang, “A Dexterity Measure for the kinematic Control of Robot Manipulators with Redundancy”, February, 1988.Google Scholar
- I-Min Chen, “theory and application of modular reconfigurable robotic systems”, 1994.Google Scholar
- T. Tanev, and I. Chandrov, “ Performance evaluation of manipulation system and graphical representation of the characteristics”, 1998.Google Scholar
- T. Tanev, and B. Stoyanov, “On the Performance Indexes for Robot Manipulators”, 2000.Google Scholar
- H. Bruyninckx,” The Robotics WEBook” , 2006.Google Scholar
- M. W. Spong , S. Hutchinson , and M. Vidyasagar, “Robot modeling and control”,2005.Google Scholar
- P. I.Corke, “Robotic toolbox”, April 2002.Google Scholar