Ranking Projects Using Multivariate Statistics
Organizational evaluation is a complex activity which demands a lot of effort. In order to accomplish this activity it is necessary to work with process and project indicators. Looking for project indicators it is necessary to identify good and bad projects to treat problems and to consider improvements. This paper presents a new methodology to rank projects using principal component analysis, a simple and efficient multivariate statistical method. This method aggregates project measurement indicators in just one score during the execution of the Organizational Evaluation macroactivity defined in the Organizational Software Measurement Process (OSMP).
KeywordsLinear Discriminant Analysis Principal Component Analysis Model Organizational Evaluation Organizational Indicator Base Project
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bilodeau, M., Brenner, D., Theory of Multivariate Statistics, Springer, 1961Google Scholar
- Oliveira, Josyleuda M. M., Oliveira, Karlson B., Belchior, A. D., Measurement Process: A Mapping among CMMI-SW ISO-IEC 15939 IEEE Std 1061 Six Sigma and PSM, ICSSM (International Conference Service System & Service Management ) IEEE, France, October, 2006Google Scholar
- Oliveira, Josyleuda M. M., Oliveira, Karlson B., Belchior, A. D., Organizational Software Measurement Process, Metrikon 2006, Germany - Potsdam, November, 2006Google Scholar
- Oliveira, Josyleuda M. M., Oliveira, Karlson B., Belchior, A. D., Castro, Ana Karolina, Pinheiro, Plácido Rogério, Application of Multi-Criteria to Perform an Organizational Measurement Process, CISSE 2006, IEEE, December, 2006Google Scholar
- Oliveira, Josyleuda M. M., Oliveira, Karlson B., Belchior, A. D., Institutionalization of an Organizational Measurement Process, CISSE 2006, IEEE, December, 2006Google Scholar
- PRESSMAN, Roger S. Software engineering: a practitioner’s approach, 5. ed. McGraw-Hill, 2001.Google Scholar
- Rencher, Alvin C., Methods of multivariate analysis 2nd ed, A Wiley, 1934.Google Scholar