SOA Design Pattern for Distributing the Object Model in n-tier Applications
- 585 Downloads
This paper discusses the proposed architecture for distributing the object model (set of user defined classes) across n-tiers when building SOA, Service Oriented Architecture, based applications using WinFX set of technologies that as of now are part of the .NET Framework 3.0 . It presents a qualitative commentary on the architectural issues pertinent to the way a distributed application using WinFX is structured.
KeywordsDesign Pattern for Services based architectre Architecture guidelines for Service distribution and mapping Net 3.0 WinFX
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Somasegar, corporate vice president of the Developer Division Microsoft Corporation, Somasegar’s WebLog, .NET Framework 3.0, http://blogs.msdn.com/somasegar/archive/2006/06/09/624300.aspx.
- Pat Helland, architect Microsoft Corporation, “Metropolis”, http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa480026.aspx, April, 2004.
- WCF Technology homepage, http://wcf.netfx3.com/.
- WinFX (now .Net Framework 3.0) technology homepage, http://netfx3.com/default.aspx.
- WPF Technology homepage, http://windowsclient.net/Default.aspx.
- WF Technology homepage, http://wf.netfx3.com/.
- LINQ homepage, http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/netframework/aa904594.aspx.
- John Gossman, architect Microsoft Corporation, “Tales from the Smart Client: Introduction to Model/View/ViewModel pattern for building WPF apps”, http://blogs.msdn.com/johngossman/archive/2005/10/08/478683.aspx.
- John Gossman, architect Microsoft Corporation, “Case Study: What We Learned Building a Windows Presentation Foundation Designer Tool on WinFX”, PDC05 Talk, http://www.pdccontent.com/PDC2005/#dvd3.
- E. Gamma, R. Helm, R. Johnson, and J.Vlissides, Design Patterns: Elements of Object-Oriented Software Architecture: Addison-Wesley, 1995; ISBN: 0201633612.Google Scholar
- F. Buschmann, et al., Pattern-Oriented Software Architecture, John Wiley & Sons, 1996; ISBN: 0471958697.Google Scholar
- M. Grand, Patterns in Java, Volume 1, John Wiley & Sons, 1998; ISBN: 0471258393.Google Scholar
- Steve Jones, “Toward an Acceptable Definition of Service”, IEEE SOFTWARE, Volume 2, Issue 3 (May 2005), pp. 87–93.Google Scholar
- Brian A. Malloy, Nicholas A. Kraft, Jason O. Hallstrom, and Jeffrey M. Voas, “Improving the Predictable Assembly of Service-Oriented Architectures”, IEEE SOFTWARE, Volume 23, Issue 2 (March 2006), pp. 12-15, ISSN: 0740-7459.Google Scholar
- Michael Stal, “Using Architectural Patterns and Blueprints for Service-Oriented Architecture”, IEEE Software, Volume 23, Issue 2 (March 2006), pp. 54-61, ISSN: 0740-7459.Google Scholar
- David Pallmann,Programming Indigo, Microsoft Press, Redmond, Washington, 2005; ISBN: 0735621519.Google Scholar
- Kevin Moore (Program Manager WPF team, Microsoft) “WPF is for developers, too”, MSDN Magazine, issue: November 2007; ISSN: 1528-4859.Google Scholar