Information Security In S&M Brazilian Companies
The Managing Committee for Internet Use in Brazil has verified a migration of the target of attacks from the larger companies to individuals and small and medium (S&M) sized companies, largely due to a lack of security in relation to Internet access. Most of the S&M companies have a total lack of a culture of security. They tend to have problems with employees accessing Internet sites with inappropriate content matter, as well as the unauthorized on-job utilization of instant communicators. This means that it has become relatively easier and more efficient to attack residential and small business users directly. True digital inclusion must be based on an education consistent with the safe and adequate use of computational resources, not just their availability: this will contemplate both the existing networked companies and entrepreneurial networks. Governmental organs are taking initiatives to facilitate the acquisition of informational products by smaller companies and the population in general, but educational campaigns are also necessary so that such resources will truly bring about an economic and social evolutionThis work deals with these concerns and intends to instigate a reflection about the evolvement of society information processing and its related securities aspects (the motivation of why security is important in such a context) as well as on the negative social impact on S&M companies.
KeywordsInformation Security Intrusion Detection System Small Company Governmental Organ Educational Campaign
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Previdelli, José J.; Meurer, Vilma – “Gestão do Micro, Pequena e Média empresa no Brasil – Uma abordagem Multidimensional”. UNICORPORE, 2006Google Scholar
- Balloni, Antonio José, “Por que GESITI?” Edit. Komedi - 2006Google Scholar
- Laudon, Kenneth et al, “MIS:Managing the Digital Firm Active Book,ed. Pearson – Prentice Hall - 2004Google Scholar
- Chagas, Fernando Celso Dolabela – “O Segredo de Luíza”. Cultura Editora Associadas, 1999.Google Scholar
- a) - Fontes, Edson; Balloni, A. J. – “Security in Information Systems: Sociotechnical Aspects” accepted for publication in International Joint Conferences on Computer, Information, and Systems Sciences, and Engineering (CIS2E 06) - Sponsored by: IEEE/University of Bridgeport - December 4 - 14, 2006, b) - Balloni, Antonio José,” Por que GESITI? – Segurança, Inovação e Sociedade”, Edit. Komedi – 2007.Google Scholar
- Schneier, Bruce Segurança.com: Segredos e mentiras sobre a proteção na vida digital. São Paulo: Editora Campus, 2001.Google Scholar
- O’brien, James A., Sistemas de Informação, e as gerenciais na era da Internet. São Paulo: Editora Saravia, 2004.Google Scholar
- Raymond, McLeod et al, “Managing Information Systems” Prentice Hall – 2004Google Scholar
- Industrial Espionage: a)–http://www.sans.org/newsletter/newsbites/newsbites.php?vol=7&issue=19.Lastaccess:OCT.20th,2006 - Last access: OCT.20th,2006 b) - South Korea case:http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Korea/FF09Dg03.html , Last access:OCT.20th,2006 c)-http://www.lubrinco.com/articles/Security Management Online Business Practice Reference.pdf , - Last access:OCT.20th,2006
- Security Review, Modulo Security, julho/agosto de 2006.Google Scholar
- a) - Security Review, Modulo Security, março/abril de 2006. b) -http://www.cartilha.cert.br/ - Last access: OCT. 20th, 2006
- Brazilian Internet Steering Committee, Survey on the Use of Information and Communication Technologies in Brazil, 2005 – ICT HOUSEHOLDS and ICT ENERPRISES.www.cgi.br/
- http://www.bndes.gov.br,Last access: OCT. 20th, 2006.
- http://www.sebrae.com.br,Last access: OCT. 20th, 2006.
- Sêmola, Marcos, Gestão da Segurança da Informação, uma visão executiva. Rio de Janeiro: Editora CAMPUS, 2003.Google Scholar