Part of the Intelligent Systems, Control and Automation: Science and Engineering book series (ISCA, volume 36)
Unmanned Aircraft Systems Regulation
This Chapter provides an overview of the history and current status of UAS airworthiness and operational regulation worldwide.
KeywordsUnmanned Aerial Vehicle Unman Aircraft System International Civil Aviation Organization Federal Aviation Administration Aircraft System
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Air Transport Association (ATA) (2008) Learning center. Retrieved June 20, 2008, URL http://learningcenter.airlines.org/Google Scholar
- 2.Clothier R, Walker R, Fulton N, Campbell D (2007) A casualty risk analysis for unmanned aerial system (UAS) operations over inhabited areas. In: 12th Australian International Aerospace Congress, 2nd Australasian Unmanned Air Vehicles ConferenceGoogle Scholar
- 3.European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) (2005) A-NPA, No. 16/2005, policy for unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) certificationGoogle Scholar
- 4.Federal Aviation Administration (2000) FAA System Safety Handbook, FAA, chap Appendix AGoogle Scholar
- 5.Federal Aviation Administration (2007) Unmanned aircraft operations in the national airspace system. Docket No. FAA-2006-25714Google Scholar
- 6.Federal Aviation Administration (2008) Unmanned aircraft systems operations in the U.S. national airspace system. Interim Operational Approval Guidance 08-01Google Scholar
- 7.Haddon DR,Whittaker CJ (2002) Aircraft airworthiness certification standards for civil UAVs. UK Civil Aviation AuthorityGoogle Scholar
- 8.International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) (2007) URL http://www.icao.int
- 9.Joint Capability Group on Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (2007) STANAG 4671 — Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Systems Airworthiness Requirements (USAR). draft, NATO Naval Armaments GroupGoogle Scholar
- 10.Joint JAA/Eurocontrol Initiative on UAVs (2004) A concept for european regulations for civil unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV). Final ReportGoogle Scholar
- 11.Office of the Secretary of Defence, DoD, US (2007) Unmanned systems roadmap 2007–2032. ReportGoogle Scholar
- 12.Sabatini N (2007) Assuring the safe integration of UAS. Unmanned Aircraft Systems, The Global Perspective 2007/2008 p 11Google Scholar
- 13.Schultz R (2006) Ultralights, LSAs and kit airplanes — whatś the difference? Florida Aviation and Business Journal URL http://www.airportjournals.com/Display.cfm?varID=0609005
- 14.Zaloga S (2007) Getting civil with UAVs: How soon? Unmanned Systems 25(3):24–26Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media, B.V 2009