Modification of Natural Alumosilicates Suspensions by Cation-Active Organic Compounds and Study of Structural-Sorption Properties of Thus Prepared Sorbents
The modification by cationic surfactants of sorbents based on hydromica and kaolinite – layered silicates with rigid structural cell – was performed by a modified sol-gel method. It was shown that the modification leads to sharp decrease of the minerals hydrophilicity, and to the increase of their affinity to the molecules of anionic and non-ionic surfactants. Significant increase of the sorption capacity of modified minerals with respect to non-ionic surfactants was ascribed to the formation of bulk associates of cationic and non-ionic surfactants.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.B.K.G. Theng, The Chemistry of Clay-organic Reactions (Wiley, New York/Toronto, 1974).Google Scholar
- 2.E.V. Sharkina, Structure and Properties of Organomineral Compounds (Naukova Dumka, Kyiv, 1976). (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 3.Yu.I. Tarasevich, F.D. Ovcharenko, Adsorption sur des Minéraux Argileux (Institut Français du Pétrole, Rueil Malmaison, 1980).Google Scholar
- 4.N.G. Vasiliev, L.V. Golovko, F.D. Ovcharenko, A.G. Savkin, Study of cation exchange capacity of kaolinite with various degree of crystallinity, Colloid Journal (USSR) 38, 847-852 (1976). (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 5.V.E. Polyakov, Yu.I. Tarasevich, O.L. Alekseev, Preparation of cation-substituted forms of clay minerals, Ukrainian Chemical Journal 34, 526-528 (1988). (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 6.E.V. Arinushkina, Manual for Chemical Analysis of Soils (Moscow University, Moscow, 1961). (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 7.V.E. Polyakov, I.G. Polyakova, Yu.I. Tarasevich, Peculiarities of the determination of heats of wetting of disperse minerals with low specific surface area, Colloid Journal (USSR) 38, 188-191 (1976). (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 8.Yu.Yu. Lourier, Analytical Chemistry of Industrial Waste Waters (Khimiya, Moscow, 1984). (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 9.I.Ya. Bershtein, Yu.L. Kaminskiy, Spectrophotometrical Analysis in Organic Chemistry (Khimiya, Leningrad, 1975). (in Russian).Google Scholar