Factors Influencing the Adsorption Properties of Silicas Functionalized by Macrocyclic Ligands
The adsorbents (polysiloxane xerogel, silicagel Davisil, mesoporous silica SBA-15) containing macroligands, such as calixarenes, diaminodibenzo-18-crown-6-ethers, α- and β-cyclodextrins, have been obtained by the sol-gel method and the surface modification method. The influence of the synthesis conditions, the nature of macrocyclic compounds and routes of their grafting on the structural-adsorption characteristics of the obtained polysiloxane materials and their sorption properties toward Cs+ (137Cs) and Na+, K+, Sr2+ (90Sr), and organic compounds of different kind, has been investigated.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.F. Vogtle, E. Weber, Host Guest Complex Chemistry Macrocycle. Synthesis, Structures, Applications (Mir, Moscow, 1988). (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 5.V.V. Makhlyarchuk, S.V. Zatonskii, Radiation chemistry of crown compounds, Uspekhi Khimii 61(5), 883-909 (1992). (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 8.O.V. Kuchma, Yu. L. Zub, Experimental approach to the synthesis of hybrid adsorbents on the basis of polysiloxane xerogels functionalized by calixarenes and their deri-vatives, in: Combined and Hybrid Adsorbents: Fundamental and Applications edited by J.M. Loureiro and M.T. Kartel (Springer, 2006), pp. 49-54.Google Scholar
- 9.O.V. Kuchma, Yu. L. Zub, Silicas functionalized by macrocyclic compounds: synthesis, structure, application, in: Physics and Chemistry of Nanomaterials and Supramolecular Structures, edited by A.P. Shpak and P.P. Gorbyk(Naukova Dumka, Kyiv, 2007), pp. 291-317.Google Scholar
- 12.M. Chiraoka, Crown-Compounds: Properties and Applications (Mir, Moscow, 1986).Google Scholar
- 13.O.V. Kuchma, Yu.L. Zub, V.I. Lyashenko Hybrid adsorbents based on the cyclodextrins as perspective adsorbents for analytical media monitoring, Hegiene Popul. Area. 47, 53-58 (2006). (in Ukraine).Google Scholar