Integrated Coastal Area Management: The Case of India
Littoral states have both distinct advantages and disadvantages caused by having the sea by the side. Developing maritime countries have to face the dual problem of mobilising resources to make use of the advantages, and also to combat the disadvantages.
KeywordsOwer Stat Indian Coastal Water Maritime Country Integrate Coastal Area Management Coastal Marine Site
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Antony, M.K., Shenoi, S.S.C., Gopalakrishna, V.V., Murthy, C.S., Rai, D.P., Murty, V.S.N. and Sastry, J.S. (1992). Seasonally reversing current bands across 15° N in the Arabian Sea and their implications. Indian Journal of Marine Sci., 21.Google Scholar
- Antony, M.K. and Shenoi, S.S.C. (1993). On the flow, thermal field and winds along the western continental shelf of India. Continental Shelf Res., 13(4) Google Scholar
- Chandramohan, P., Nayak, B.U. and Pathak, K.C. (1989). Sediment transport along the Indian Coast. NIO Technical Report.Google Scholar
- Krishnakumar, V., Vethamony, P. and Swamy, G. N. (1994). Preliminary investigations on transient erosion at Kalpakkam beach, east coast of India during June 1990. Mahasagar, 27(1) Google Scholar
- NIO (1982). Wave Atlas for Arabian Sea and Bay of Bengal. National Institute of Oceanography, Goa, IndiaGoogle Scholar
- Swamy, G.N. (1987). Training for marine resources utilisation for island development. Workshop on Island Development, Indian Association for the Advancement of Science, New Delhi.Google Scholar
- Swamy, G.N. (1991a). East Coast. Dravidian Encyclopaedia, International School of Dravidian Linguistics, Vol. 1.Google Scholar
- Swamy, G.N. (1991b). West Coast. Ibidem.Google Scholar
- Swamy, G.N. (1994). Dispersion characteristics of Indian coastal waters at selected sites. PhD Thesis, Cochin University of Science and Technology.Google Scholar
- Swamy, G.N. and Desai, B.N. (1993). Some aspects of planning development of coastal zone in maritime states. Annual Seminar on Town and Country Planning, Goa.Google Scholar
- Swamy, G.N., Desai, E. and Krishnamurthy, B.N. (1996). Global Ocean Observing System: Indian Contribution. Report presented to IOCINDIO GOOS Regional Capacity Building Workshop, Goa.Google Scholar