Effects of Photoexcited Fullerene C60-Composites in Normal and Transformed Cells
- 1.4k Downloads
The supramolecular composites containing fullerenes C60 immobilized at nanosilica were used for the design of the molecular systems that can be an effective agent in cancer photodynamic therapy (PDT). In particular, it was shown that photoexcited fullerene C60-containing composites decrease viability of transformed cells, intensify the process of lipid peroxidation (LPO) in cell membranes and accumulation of low-molecular weight DNA fragments, and also decrease the activity of electron-transport chain of mitochondria.
KeywordsC60 fullerene composites normal and transformed cells photoexcitation reactive oxygen species
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Boutorine AS, Tokuyama H, Takasugi M et al. (1994) Singlet oxygen production from fullerene derivatives. Angew Chem Int Ed. 33: 2462-2465. Google Scholar
- Burlaka AP, Danko MI, Sidorik EP (1994) Kinetic patterns of the rate of generation and content of oxygen radicals in EPR membranes upon chemical carcinogenesis of liver and breast. Ukrainian DAN Ukr. 10: 141-145. Google Scholar
- Burton K (1956) A study of the conditions and mechanism of the diphenylamine reaction for the colorimetric estimation of deoxyribonucleic acid. Biochem. 62: 315-323.Google Scholar
- Carmichael J, DeGraff WG, Gazdar AF et al. (1987) Evaluation of a tetrazolium-based semiauto-mated colorimetric assay: assessment of chemosensitivity testing. Cancer Res. 47: 936-942.Google Scholar
- Chuyiko AA (2003) Medical chemistry and clinic application of silicon dioxide. Russian Naukova Dumka, Kiev.Google Scholar
- Da Ros T, Spalluto G, Prato M (2001) Biological applications of fullerene derivatives: a brief overview. Croatica Chemica Acta. 74: 743-755. Google Scholar
- Gavrilov VB, Gavrilova AR, Khmara NF (1988) Measurement of diene conjugants in the plasma blood by UV absorption of heptane and isopropanole extracts. Russian Laboratornoe Delo. 2: 60-63. Google Scholar
- Kolesova OE, Markin AA, Fedorova TN (1984) Pereoxide oxidation of lipids and the methods for determination of lipid peroxidation produce in the biological mediums. Russian Laboratornoe Delo. 9: 540-546. Google Scholar
- Prylutska SV, Grynyuk II, Golub OA, Matyshevska OP (2006) Estimation of cytotoxicity param-eters of C60 fullerenes and C60-containing composites in vitro. Ukrainian DAN Ukr. 1: 163-167. Google Scholar
- Vladimirov Yu A (2002) Breach of barrier properties for internal and external mitochondrion membranes, necrosis and apoptosis. Russian Biol Membr. 19: 356-377. Google Scholar
- Wilson SR (2000) Fullerenes: chemistry, physics and technology. Wiley, New York.Google Scholar