Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA): Integration and Synergy with EMAS Management Systems on the Territory
This article aims at presenting an analysis of the common factors between the Environmental Management System EMAS that addresses territorial authorities, and the Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA), included in the European Directive 2001/42/EC. The work highlights the methodological analogies and the possibility to achieve sustainable development objectives following the synergetic implementation of the two procedures.
KeywordsLocal Authority Environmental Management System Environmental Report Strategic Environmental Assessment Town Planning
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Brunetta G. and Peano A., 2003. Strategic Environmental Assessment methodological aspects, procedures and criticism. Books on Environment and Security. Ed. Il Sole 24 Ore.Google Scholar
- Chiellino G., Bassi S. and Giacomella S., 2004. Environmental territorial analysis as a voluntary management instrument and statute for sustainable development. Case Study: a) Parco Scientifico Tecnologico VEGA (Venezia), b) Comune di Cavallino. Ecomondo - Seminar proceedings. Rimini 3-6 November 2004.Google Scholar
- EMAS, Statistics of EMAS registrations in Italy, available on the website www.minambiente.it.
- European Directive 2001/42/CE from the European Parliament and Council, concerning the environmental assessment of Plans and Programmes, Art. 3.Google Scholar
- European Directive 2001/42/CE, Attachment I, European Parliament and Council. European Regulations 2001-761 (EMAS 2)Google Scholar
- Feltre Town Council, Strategic Environmental Assessment for the PAT, Report on the current state of the environment, eAmbiente s.a.s., 2005.Google Scholar
- The town of Feltre, Territorial Country Plan, Preliminary Document (ex art 3 L.R. 11/2004)Google Scholar
- Town planning laws in the Veneto Region, LR 11/2004 “Regulations for governing the territory”.Google Scholar