Slope Instability And Mass Transport Deposits On The Godavari River Delta, East Indian Margin From A Regional Geological Perspective
The Krishna and Godavari rivers have formed the Krishna-Godavari delta where they enter the ocean. Both the rivers, which drain a significant part of the Indian peninsula, and the delta are influenced by a seasonal sediment supply controlled by the monsoon rains. The delta system receives nearly all its sediment during this annual flushing of the river system.
KeywordsClay Depression Petroleum Sedimentation Turbidity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Athersuch J and Wonders A (2005) StrataData report No.05/05 for Fugro Engineers B.V. 27 September 2005.Google Scholar
- Bruckner H (1988) Indicators of formerly higher sea levels along the east coast of India and the Sandaman Islands. Hamburger Geographic Studies. 44: 44–72.Google Scholar
- Flood RD and Piper DJW (1997) Amazon fan sedimentation: the relationship to equatorial climate change, continental denudation, and sea-level fluctuations. In: Flood, RD, Piper DJW, Klaus A, and Peterson, LC (eds) College Station, TX, (Ocean Drilling Program). Proceedings of the Ocean Drilling Program, Scientific Results. 155: 653-675.Google Scholar
- Hartevelt, J J A. and Zwaag van der, GL (1993) Integrated geohazard study along the Krishna-Godavari Delta slope, east coast India. In: Ardus DA, Clare D, Hill A, Hobbs R, Jardine RJ and Squire JM. Advances in Underwater Technology, Ocean Sciences and Offshore Engineering. ISBN 0-7923-2363-7, Kluwer Academic Publishers. Offshore Site Investigation and Foundation Behaviour. 28: 333–346.Google Scholar
- Kohl B (2006) Report on radiocarbon dating and biostratigraphy prepared for Fugro Geoservices, Houston TX. March 18, 2006.Google Scholar
- Piper DJW, Pirmez C, Manley PL, Long D, Flood RD, Normark WR and Showers W (1997). Mass transport deposits of the Amazon Fan. In: Flood RD, Piper DJW, Klaus A and Peterson LC (eds) College Station, TX, (Ocean Drilling Program). Proceedings of the Ocean Drilling Program, Scientific Results. 155: 109-146.Google Scholar
- Sharma KP (2002) A study of sediment fluxes to the coastal zone in south Asia and their relationship to human activities. Project report on APN Project on a study of nutrient, sediment and carbon fluxes to the coastal zone in south Asia and their relationships to human activities. 20pp.Google Scholar
- Sarin MM, Sudheer AK and Balakrishna K (2002) Significance of riverine carbon transport: A case study of a large tropical river, Godavari (India). Science in Chine (Series C). 45: 97–108.Google Scholar
- Stuiver M, Reimer PJ, Bard E, Beck JW, Burr GS, Hughen KA, Kromer B, McCormac G, VanderPlicht J, Spurk M (1998) INTCAL98 radiocarbon age calibration, 24,000-0 cal BP. Radiocarbon 40: 1041–1083.Google Scholar