Methodology of Socio-Ecological Monitoring using Cytogenetic Methods
Anthropogenic violation of the principles of rational environmental management has resulted in degradation changes in social life and environment. It has caused emergence of abnormal ecosystems and changes in gene pool. For enhancement of socio-ecosystems and improvement of the national gene pool, it is necessary to implement complex systems of socio-ecological monitoring. A methodology of socio-ecological monitoring has been developed. It is based on high-sensitivity indication systems of various levels of organization, and standardized procedures of integral estimation of the state of environmental objects according to toxic and mutagenic background, and level of health of different age groups. All this made it possible to define integral tests, which allow assessing ecological and genetic danger (risks) imposed on biota and human by mutagenic and ecological factors.
KeywordsEnvironmental Object Mutagenic Background Integral Index Genetic Health Population Health State
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Gorova, A., A. Sokulsky, I. Klimkina, U. Buchavyi. Basic methodological states and evaluation of bad environment influence on human health. Proc. of Intern. Conf. “Anthropogenic changes in Ukraine environment and risk for human health and biota”. Kiev:Chernobylinterninform, 2003, 340–353 (in Ukrainian).Google Scholar
- Gorova, A., T. Skvortsova, I. Klimkina, A. Pavlichenko. Cytogenetic test use for evaluation of mining industry influence on environment and human health. Proc. of NSU, 7(2)–Dnepropetrovsk, 2003, 522–531 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- Gorova, A., T. Skvortsova, I. Klimkina, A. Pavlichenko. Cytogenetic effects humic substances and their use for remediation of polluted environments. NATO Science Series “Use of humic substances to remediate polluted Environments: From theory to Practice, 2005, Springer. Printed in the Netherlands, 311–328.Google Scholar
- Gorova, A., L. Bobir, T. Skvortsova, V. Digurko, I. Klimkina, A. Pavlichenko. Methodological aspects of mutagenic background evaluation and genetic risk for human and biota from mutagenic environment//Cytology and Genetics, 1996, 30(6), 78–86. (in Russian).Google Scholar
- Pivniak, G., P. Pilov, V. Bondarenko et al. Strategic problems of coal industry development in Ukraine.//Proc. of NSU, 17, V 1.–Dnepropetrovsk, 2003, 5–11 (in Ukrainian).Google Scholar
- Pivnyak, G.G., A.I. Gorova, V.A. Dolinsky, V.O. Skvortsov, O.S. Kovrov. To ecological program of mining development of Ukraine.–Proceeding SWEMP 2002, 7-th International Symposium on Environmental Issues and Waste Management in Energy and Mineral Production, R. Ciccu (Ed.), Cagliari, Italy, October 7–10, 2002, pp. 17–19.Google Scholar
- Serdiuk, A. Environment and health of Ukraine population.//Environment and health. 4(7), 1998, 2–7 (in Ukrainian).Google Scholar