Image Processing for the Measurement of Flow Rate of Silo Discharge
In this work, silo discharge was viewed as a complex fluid flow, in order to perfect a new technique for the measurement of flow rate. Flow rate was investigated using a non intrusive method measuring the evolution of the free surface profile during the discharge flow. This method consisted of recording via a CCD sensor, the evolution of the free surface by laser planes, and then obtaining by processing the free surface position and shape over time.
KeywordsPorosity Europe Tungsten Lime Pyramid
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- A. Reimbert, and M. Reimbert. Silos, eds. eyrolles, Paris (in French), 1956.Google Scholar
- A. Reimbert, and M. Reimbert. Silos, eds eyrolles, Paris (in French), 1979.Google Scholar
- Jenike, A.W. (1964). Storage and flow of solids. Bull. n°123, Eng. Exp. Station, Univ. Utah, Salt lake City.Google Scholar
- Brown, C.J. and Nielsen, J. (1998). “Silos. Fundamentals of theory, behaviour and design”, Eds. E & FN SPON, London.Google Scholar
- Tüzün, U., Houlsby, G. T., Nedderman, R. M. and Savage, S. B. The flow of granular materials ii, velocity distributions in slow flow, Chemical Engineering Science, 37 (12), 1691–1709.Google Scholar
- Bideau, D. and Ammi, M. (2001). Ecoulements gravitaires: sabliers et silos, in “ Mécanique des milieux granulaires ”, pp. 75-114, Eds. Jack Lanier, Hermes Science europe Ltd, Paris, (in French).Google Scholar
- Rose, H.F. and Tanaka, T. (1959). “Rate of discharge of granular materials from bins and hoppers”, The Engineer, London.Google Scholar
- Degouet, C., Nsom, B., Lolive, E. and Grohens, A. (2006). Physical and mechanical characterization of soya, colza and rye seeds, Accepted Appl. Rheol. Google Scholar
- C. Degouet. Caractérisation de matériaux granulaires et de leurs écoulements dans les silos verticaux, Ph. D. Thesis, Brest, France, 2005 (in French). Google Scholar
- J. Munch-Andersen and J. Nielsen “Size effects in slender grain silos”, The International Journal of Storing and Handling of Bulk Materials, 6(5), pp. 885-889, 1986.Google Scholar