Web-based Interactive Virtual Laboratory System for Digital Circuit Experiment
With the development of E-learning technology, web-based virtual laboratory has aroused more and more attention of educators. In this paper, we describe the design of a web-based electronic circuit virtual laboratory system for digital circuit. This system provides the user with real expression, convenient operation and powerful simulation capability. Furthermore, we designed segment-simulation mechanism and circuit status persistence mechanism to realize the simulation process in digital circuit. At the moment, ECVlab (Electronic Circuit Virtual Laboratory) has been implemented and successfully applied in an undergraduate course in Zhejiang University and has gained positive evaluation from the undergraduate students.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Ch. Youngblut, “Educational uses of virtual reality technology”, Institute for Defense Analysis, IDA Document D-2128, January 1998.Google Scholar
- Ouyang Yang, Dong Yabo. et.al, “ECVlab: A web-based Virtual Laboratory System for Electronic Circuit Simulation”, Proceedings of International Conference on Computational Science, LNCS Vol. 3514, pp.1027-1034, 2005.Google Scholar
- John C.Waller and Natalie Foster. “Training via the web: A virtual instrument”, Computers& Education, pp. 161-167, No.35, 2000.Google Scholar
- Cheng K.W.E and Chan C.L. “Virtual laboratory development for teaching power electronics”, IEEE 33rd Annual Power Electronics Specialists Conference, Vol. 2. pp. 461- 466, June 2002.Google Scholar
- Basher, H.A.; Isa, S.A.; Henini, M.A. “Virtual Laboratory for Electrical Circuit Course”, SoutheastCon, 2004. Proceedings. IEEE, pp. 637 – 654, Mar. 2004.Google Scholar
- R. C. Dorf and J.A. Svoboda, “Electronic Teaching Assistant”, http://people.clarkson.edu/∼ svoboda/eta/Google Scholar
- Ralph Tanner, Johnson A.Asumadu et.al. Remote Wiring and Measurement Lab, 31st ASEE/IEEE Frontiers in Education Conference, 2001.Google Scholar