The European Centre for Medium-Range Weather Forecasts Global Rainfall Data Assimilation Experimentation
Part of the Advances In Global Change Research book series (AGLO, volume 28)
KeywordsData Assimilation Tropical Rainfall Measure Mission Rain Rate Observation Operator Precipitation Radar
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bauer, P., 2002: Microwave radiative transfer modeling in clouds and precipitation. Part I: Model description. NWP SAF Report No. 5. Available from The Met Office, Exeter, UK, pp. 27.Google Scholar
- Beljaars, A., 2003: Some aspects of modelling of the hydrological cycle in the ECMWF model. Proceedings of ECMWF/GEWEX Workshop on Humidity Analysis, 8-11 July 2002, ECMWF, Reading, UK, 191-202.Google Scholar
- Courtier, P., J.-N. Thépaut, and A. Hollingsworth: A strategy for operational implementation of 4D-Var using an incremental approach. Quart. J. Roy. Meteor. Soc., 120, 1367-1388.Google Scholar
- Lopez, P. and E. Moreau, 2004: A convection scheme for data assimilation: Description and initial tests. Technical report. ECMWF Technical Memorandum No. 411. Available from ECMWF Shinfield Park, Reading, UK, pp. 29.Google Scholar
- Mahfouf, J.-F., V. Marécal, and P. Bauer, 2003: The assimilation of SSM/I and TMI rainfall rates in the ECMWF 4D-Var system. Quart. J. Roy. Meteor. Soc., 128, 2737-2758.Google Scholar
- Marécal, V., E. Gérard, J.-F. Mahfouf, and P. Bauer, 2001: The comparative impact of the assimilation of SSM/I and TMI brightness temperatures in the ECMWF 4D-Var system. Quart. J. Roy. Meteor. Soc., 127, 1123-1142.Google Scholar
- Tremolet, Y., 2004: Diagnostics of linear and incremental approximations in 4D-Var. ECMWF Technical Memorandum No. 399. Available from ECMWF Shinfield Park, Reading, UK, pp. 16.Google Scholar
© Springer 2007