NATURAL ZEOLITES AND APPLICATION IN LIQUID WASTE TREATMENT
Zeolite-clinoptilolite minerals crystal structures and their main properties are presented depending on property structure relation particular attention is given on irradiated clinoptilolite properties in connection w3ith application for radioactive waste water treatment. It was shown the high effiency for reducing the radioactivity of waters by electron irradiated Armenian clinoptilolite more than 1700 times.
KeywordsNatural Zeolite Radiation Modification Natural Clinoptilolite Zeolite Molecular Sieve Property Structure Relation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Breck D. W. Zeolite Molecular Sieves: Structure, Chemistry and Use, Wiley. New York, (1974).Google Scholar
- 2.Th. Armbruster, M. E. Gunter, Crystal Structure of Natural Zeolites, Reviews in Mineralogy and Geochemistry, V. 45, Natural Zeolites: Occurrence, Properties, Applications. p. 1–57, 2001.Google Scholar
- 3.Denes Kallo, Applications of Natural Zeolites in Water and Waste Water Treatment Reviews in Mineralogy and Geochemistry, V. 45, Natural Zeolites: Occurrence, Properties, Applications. p. 519–550, 2001.Google Scholar
- 4.L. M.Wang, S. X. Wang and R. C. Ewing. Radiation Effects in Zeolite. Proceedings of the 9-th Annual International Radioactive Waste Management., American Nuclear Society, Las Vegas, May 11–14, 1998), p. 772–775.Google Scholar
- 5.Hrant Yeritsyan, Aram Sahakyan, Sergey Nikoghosyan, Vachagan Harutiunian, Volodia Gevorkyan, Norair Grigoryan, Eleonora Hakhverdyan, Yeghis Keheyan, Rudolf Gevorgyan, Hakob Sargisyan. Dielectric properties and specific conductivity of armenian natural clinoptilolite irradiated by electrons. CEJP 3(4) 2005 610–622.Google Scholar